News Assistant Coaches Speculation and News - Xavier Clarke joins

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe one of the things from the review was lack of clarity and mixed messages from the coaching staff as a whole. As T71 said, too many cooks. A more focused team with greater talent (Clarke extremely well rated in the industry, Caracella future HC and Leppa) seems from the outside as if its the response to that.

I personally gives 3/5 of 5/8 of f**k all what the cost (large or otherwise is), I care about the quality of people we bring in. All of whom are highly rated within the industry.

See we've cheaped out again on coaching after initially offering so much promise in Leppa and Caracella.

We can't be nowhere near that cap for Football Department spending.

Trying to get success on the cheap. It's this Boards way!
Disagree about the cap. The fact that it takes into consideration the whole structure ie Balme, new senior coaches who cost more, plus all the backroom staff means to me we are near it. At the end of the day, hopefully its quality v quantity.

So the "review" sacked all our assistant coaches except Rutten, internally promoted Clarke into Recruiting Manager role and internally recruited McQualter into a senior coaching role. Whilst bringing in Balme but even those knobs at Focus on Footy knew that....

How much did we pay our board member to organise this "review"?

WE have had 10 for a little while, so clearly we have gone for smaller group, since the previous method wasn't continued.

Agree

It's seems we also removed offensive and defensive coordinator roles.

At first glance I was like WTF? Then it dawned on me that they're probably telling Dimma to get back on the tools and do more actual coaching instead delegating to his assistants. This is a good thing because if his strengths are his coaching and he hasn't been coaching to his strengths than this is the best opportunity he will ever get to show us what he can do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree

It's seems we also removed offensive and defensive coordinator roles.

At first glance I was like WTF? Then it dawned on me that they're probably telling Dimma to get back on the tools and do more actual coaching instead delegating to his assistants. This is a good thing because if his strengths are his coaching and he hasn't been coaching to his strengths than this is the best opportunity he will ever get to show us what he can do.
Good point.

So the "review" sacked all our assistant coaches except Rutten, internally promoted Clarke into Recruiting Manager role and internally recruited McQualter into a senior coaching role. Whilst bringing in Balme but even those knobs at Focus on Footy knew that....

I reckon with the amount you're flogging that dead horse you'll have enough glue to start selling it soon.

You can call it, "Bob's Nag".

Just because a department in a review is perceived as poor in totality does not mean there are not highly talented people within that department.

Also, do not mistake that the only outcomes that are a result of the review will be the obvious ones made public. Having gone through more than a few reviews myself (one by EY), they look more at the processes than the people.

Also the AC's weren't 'sacked' their contracts weren't renewed. Rutten and McQualter (the former is one of the most highly rated in terms of future coaching potential) still had contracts for memory.

Let me know what he says please.

tiger_of_old misses does not like the radio on when we shag
Just talking about the fixture, sort of expected the loss of fri nights, happy to have kept the dreamtime, anzac eve, season opener but unhappy with the geelong game re the 36,000 seat capacity with our large membership and had requested not to be there.

Me > You.

This game is fun.

Obviously you should know as your involved in the club, that the finances and direction is taken from board level. Not Balme. So the relevance of your post, like your existence, is irrelevant.
Mate you really need to brighten up, not for me or anyone else here, we can laugh at you for another year. I mean your health, seriously so much negativity and anger isn't good for you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back