Assistant coaches - what changes coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahlepi

Cancelled
Mar 16, 2015
danger zone
AFL Club
Geelong
I was a Mitch Clark supporter
very disappointed the coaches could not make it work with him
also thin Hawkins should be kicking more goals
so I am for a new forward coach
JPod?
also think in this day and age with so many players that spend time in mid field
maybe the mid field coach needs an assistant coch
dont blame the coaches
people need to help themselves

I would love to see someone out of another successful system like Sydney, Hawthorn or Adelaide. But the club seems to know what they're doing more than I do.
Just to emphasise this: really hope that even if they're not trying to outright poach people from within Sydney and Adelaide's development program, they're looking at how they do things.

hes used as a marking target further up the ground. Had run 8kms by half time.
All the more reason that when he marks I50 in the first quarter he shouldn't pass the damn thing off. You're the FF you buffoon, the spearhead is meant to take the responsibility to kick those.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Stoked to get Cox.
I dunno a hell of a lot how the assistants work at our club but just became aware Lappin is the development coach.
That is something I believe we've struggled with for some time.
Wouldn't mind if he was replaced with someone new.

Would love to see what Cox could do if he got his hands on utensil.
The utensil could be anything if Big Cox can get him running more erect and taking pressure off of his strings.

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Stoked to get Cox.
I dunno a hell of a lot how the assistants work at our club but just became aware Lappin is the development coach.
That is something I believe we've struggled with for some time.
Wouldn't mind if he was replaced with someone new.

Lappin has been the midfield coach for the past two seasons alongside Matthew Knights. O'Bree was development coach until this year when he was replaced by Corey Enright.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Lappin has been the midfield coach for the past two seasons alongside Matthew Knights. O'Bree was development coach until this year when he was replaced by Corey Enright.
Fair nuts. I thought Obree has been the full time VFL coach for 2 seasons.
I also thought he was our midfield coach prior to that.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
The AFL site says Cox is out of contract.

The question is why is he out of contract?

Can't imagine he'd uproot his family from WA for a few extra $$$

So if the Eagles don't want him is he really all that?

If he wants to be a senior coach getting out of the eagles system would make sense, if he doesn't then I would be wary.

Jimmy Yamazaki

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
The AFL site says Cox is out of contract.

The question is why is he out of contract?

Can't imagine he'd uproot his family from WA for a few extra $$$

So if the Eagles don't want him is he really all that?

If he wants to be a senior coach getting out of the eagles system would make sense, if he doesn't then I would be wary.

Cox was ruck and midfield coach and I think he's been replaced by Sam Mitchell.

walker80

Debutant
Feb 8, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm fairly sure Cox is as good as locked in at the Cats. His already enrolled his kids into school, surprisingly in Melbourne, but has told the school he will be at Geelong next year.

No idea if he's any good as a coach, but was a star as a player and it's just nice to have some outside thinking in the ranks.

Farmer2Goggin

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtics
Cox was ruck and midfield coach and I think he's been replaced by Sam Mitchell.

Eagles mate reckons he was the forwardline coach this and possibly last year - having had the roles you mentioned above for some time before that.
Eagles forward structure and strategy is first class , can't be a bad thing if he brings that skillset to us :thumbsu:

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm fairly sure Cox is as good as locked in at the Cats. His already enrolled his kids into school, surprisingly in Melbourne, but has told the school he will be at Geelong next year.

No idea if he's any good as a coach, but was a star as a player and it's just nice to have some outside thinking in the ranks.
It appears you're on the money.:thumbsu:

aGBWvjJ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back