Assistant Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

No, he's not.

Macpharlin was a better one on one defender, was All Australian, could go forward, kick goals and offered something on the way out.

Hamling is an effective stopper when not on gorilla's and does not have an AA upside.

Dude the physical similarities are instant when you watch him play. They both have those kinda isolated round shoulders and some what slender looking legs. Both pretty much same height and when Hamling gets to his optimal key defender weight id guess they'd both be the same weight. I think what Hamling lacks other than the goal kicking fluff is the hops. MacPharlin was prodigious

I had to double take a few times at the game. I mean your right Hamling is not anywhere his level yet but he does channel Macpharlin.

Dude the physical similarities are instant when you watch him play. They both have those kinda isolated round shoulders and some what slender looking legs. Both pretty much same height and when Hamling gets to his optimal key defender weight id guess they'd both be the same weight. I think what Hamling lacks other than the goal kicking fluff is the hops. MacPharlin was prodigious

I had to double take a few times at the game. I mean your right Hamling is not anywhere his level yet but he does channel Macpharlin.

Optimal weight? He'll be 25 next season.

No argument that Capt'n Kirk was a significant loss to our coaching stocks but listening to these two (albeit a fair amount of meedjaspeak) I think they are both experienced, calm, knowledgeable fellas who will have their own ideas and points of view.
Growing your own is certainly an option that doesn't necessarily equate to unimaginative group think if you've got strong, confident individuals.
Both appear to be on the match selection committee as well.

Team Selection: Rd 4 v GWS

No argument that Capt'n Kirk was a significant loss to our coaching stocks but listening to these two (albeit a fair amount of meedjaspeak) I think they are both experienced, calm, knowledgeable fellas who will have their own ideas and points of view.
Growing your own is certainly an option that doesn't necessarily equate to unimaginative group think if you've got strong, confident individuals.
Both appear to be on the match selection committee as well.

Team Selection: Rd 4 v GWS

I quite like David Hale.

Yeah and Eastaugh's been with us on and off for some time.His family used to host some of our interstate recruits I think and there's always been good things said about him.Sandi attributes some of his improvement and development to him.
So yeah they're likely decent contributors to the enterprise.

How's the journo bugging Hale with 2 more questions about the signage and safety at Optus Oval after he had nothing much to say about it. Relevance zero.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back