Coach Assistant coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Silvani no longer at Carlton so he is now available

Fair dinkum couldhavebeen, I reckon Silvagni is a total fraud.
A shearer’s dog could have built an inaugural list like they had with all the concessions they were given.
His strike rate was less than 50 %.
As a list or recruiting manager he’s a joke.

Did Garlick (CEO), at the AMM, say he was good mates with Todd Curley?

Given the rumours this year it will be interesting if he is being lined up in 2021 - once some existing assistant coaching contracts end.

Given the rumours this year it will be interesting if he is being lined up in 2021 - once some existing assistant coaching contracts end.

Indirectly - He said the coach of South Freo

Not explicitly.
Mark Readings grabbed hold of it to crack some light humor about the football rivalry in the port.
All much ado about nothing.

I’m too lazy to look it up, but did Garlick & Curley play in the same team ?.

There may be your connection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that a few facts need to be put forward before everyone gets too dogmatic about our medical and fitness people .
Harley Bennell thanked the medical team and Freo for all the help he received from the Club .
Having been to training at both Fremantle and Cockburn and talked to the groundsmen at both ovals I and tell you that both grounds have their faults . Fremantle oval was originally a quarry for lime stone and they have destroyed plenty on equipment trying to soften up the playing surface over the years . Cockburn is a harder track than Optus Oval .The ovals were maintained by the same company and they also maintain Optus stadium .
Now as to the foot , calf and soft tissue injuries I have stated in previous posts that our medical department is not the best in the AFL by a country mile .
There are a number of problems in my option at the Club mainly to do with management responsibility and who calls the shots in regard to player wellbeing and injury management . The examples I will give to support this belief is as follows .Brad Grey injured his Ankle very badly in the game against Swan Districts in the 3rd quarter . Peel had only 1 fit interchange player .Cam Shepperd asked Brady to go back on and play in a forward pocket ,Brady agreed of coarse because that's his way. He totally destroyed that ankle and had a longer term injury . Not one medical person was consulted or stepped in to prevent Brady from going back on .I know because I was sitting on the bench with the coach and players .
Chris Mayne injured his ankle and missed a week . On the Saturday before the game at Subiaco Chris and his dad were having a burger at Grill'd . Chris was in a moon boot , with visible blood in the leg showing above the moon boot . Fremantle played him the next week . Chris couldn't change direction when running ,couldn't kick a football 30 metres with his right foot and couldn't jump 10 cm off the ground . I confronted Chis Bond at The Claremont show grounds the following week and his reply was that the medical dept had passed him as fit to play. Pavlich and his Achilles he get an operation on 1 and breaks down 3 weeks into the season with the other .The medical team knew that he had a problem with both but failed to act Bennell is the final piece of the puzzle for me when for over 3 years our medical team have failed to find a fix . Gelong medical department identified the cause in one meeting and he goes for surgery on tendons of both calf's and tells Melbourne I'm pain free running for the first time since leaving Gold Coast . If he he's a gig and plays AFL then we need to ask a lot more questions not only about the medical team but of the fitness gurus as well .Dixon starts preseason training doing lap after lap ,training the house down .He does the 2 km time trial . The very next day and he is in a moon boot WTF is going on.
Webber is one of the best fitness and conditioning people business so we are told but the question that needs asking is about the strength and conditioning people as well as him .Luke Darcy was almost last in the 2 km time trial .Logue last season builds up so much in the weights room that he can hardly run .Just a little reminiscing guys and girls .That last player to be allowed to do that was Paul Medhurst and he became a joke that we delisted ,he went to Collingwood where Malthouse had him banned from the weights room .Problem fixed .
Excellent examples of club pushing players to the brink.

Coaches should be held accountable for putting pressure on injured players to come back to early or play through an injury.

Our Conditioning team should be sacked just on the few examples, their must be many more.

Why wouldn't we look at Mick Ablett as List Manager instead of the kid, if he's already settled in WA?
Every time I hear him speak on Fox, he comes across as somebody who understands the draft and the underage competitions the best I’ve heard.

Seems like a guy who would never reach and get the best performed juniors and won’t get sucked into the potential trap.

Does he have the negotiating skills for players contracts and salary cap management?

If he didn’t, Bell could look after that side of things and let Ablett focus on the draft.

T
Every time I hear him speak on Fox, he comes across as somebody who understands the draft and the underage competitions the best I’ve heard.

Seems like a guy who would never reach and get the best performed juniors and won’t get sucked into the potential trap.

Does he have the negotiating skills for players contracts and salary cap management?

If he didn’t, Bell could look after that side of things and let Ablett focus on the draft.
I think Wet Toast just got Mick Ablett last month or before the draft.
Bloody good move imo.

We need Jack Anthony to come in for a session to show the boys exactly what not to do when kicking at goal.

Anthony was actually a good kick at goal, he was just useless at actually getting the ball. Couldn't mark, and hopeless when the ball hit the deck.

Anthony was actually a good kick at goal, he was just useless at actually getting the ball. Couldn't mark, and hopeless when the ball hit the deck.

Yeah...he needed the pill lace out like he got in 08/09 at the pies. The game just evolved and he didn’t.

Played a couple of decent games for subi and if my memory is correct he kicked a couple against saints in Lyons Return.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back