Coach Assistant coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Used to feel bad for the guy. He just crabbed it up once he moved over. It wasnt lack of effort.

I always felt the club treated him poorly.
For example his final game for us, the flu had swept through the club and several players were out sick including Pavlich. Of the remaining players who were also Ill, Jack was the sickest.
He still tried his hardest.

Prior to that game which was ultimately his last we just wouldn’t select him in spite of reasonable wafl form.

I remember reading later that he had other problems in his life. Of course this was prior to mental health being as
Exposed as it is now.
AFL players suffering with depression was as prevalent then as it is now.

Last edited:

does anybody know what Troy Longmuir is up to?
Is he involved in footy at all?

Shauny Mac back in a voluntary capacity...

Gets a big tick from me. Might have not been the cleanest user of the ball, but geez he always gave 100%.

If he can pass on his passion and his 100% ethos. that is a positive.

When are S Parker & A Grover being enlisted to the coaching group ?.

does anybody know what Troy Longmuir is up to?
Is he involved in footy at all?
was coaching the Freo city dockers juniors (his son's team) with M. Carr supporting a couple of years back. My eldest's team was playing against them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon you’re right. More likely a Director of Coaching than an Assistant Coach.
which would be great and all, except pretty useless if none of our good players can make the field. I'm hoping these conversations are in relation to item 2 on Bell's tasklist behind 1. steal Fagan's S&C team

I feel that Josh Carr will be a good assistant. I think Hale has some strengths, but it's not as a forward coach. Anthony Rock I'd like to see go, purely because he's been coaching us in an area we've been consistently smashed in for 5 seasons, also I don't like how he talks on the radio.

Worsfold coming as an assistant would be great.

Michael prior seems to have done a good job in defence for us over the years and both Jlo and Ross were very experienced back there so I'm not too bothered with that.

Not sure what Eastaugh has brought to the table either.

I feel that Josh Carr will be a good assistant. I think Hale has some strengths, but it's not as a forward coach. Anthony Rock I'd like to see go, purely because he's been coaching us in an area we've been consistently smashed in for 5 seasons, also I don't like how he talks on the radio.

Worsfold coming as an assistant would be great.

Michael prior seems to have done a good job in defence for us over the years and both Jlo and Ross were very experienced back there so I'm not too bothered with that.

Not sure what Eastaugh has brought to the table either.

We can afford whoosha right? Would he put a price on his head,? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to cap and coaches payment etc

I would’ve thought he would be looking for a spot above JL, but good news.
I used "Assistant" in the broader sense. Think JLo needs people who he can delegate to and get advice from, not another person telling him what to do.

JLo + Carr + Worsforld is some very good footy IQ. S&C has to be the #1 focus though - please just gut it and build it back from scratch like Brisbane did.

We can afford whoosha right? Would he put a price on his head,?

He wants to remain employed in the AFL but also wants to come back to Perth. He won't move back to Adelaide or wherever else. Don't see him returning to West Coast in any capacity. He can't/shouldn't be too choosy on his price. Otherwise he can coach WAFL next year for peanuts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back