Coach Assistant coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

It'd be nice to have both?
unless Pyke would be willing to be on peanuts, it'd be very tough to fit him and Woosha in the reduced soft cap for 2021

It isn’t going to happen, but I think Woosha’s best role for us would be Peter Bell’s. We need a lot of work on S&C, list management, Player development, maybe recruiting. Supposedly Woosha is a good organiser and manager, he has seen 3 different AFL clubs in the last 7 years, and I don’t think tactics were ever his strength.

I think our assistants have been a problem since 2016 odd. I honestly believe that Lyon was let down by them and JLo is as well. If he's up there saying that the players weren't sticking to the plan then questions have got to be asked of what the assistants are relaying to their respective units.

I think our assistants have been a problem since 2016 odd. I honestly believe that Lyon was let down by them and JLo is as well. If he's up there saying that the players weren't sticking to the plan then questions have got to be asked of what the assistants are relaying to their respective units.

JL made it clear in his presser that the players were at fault for making the incorrect decisions.

Carr was a good pickup for mine as the players seem to be speaking quite highly of him, I'd love for Sandilands to come in and just be the full time ruck coach, get rid of Hale and Rock and give more time to LeCras as a forward coach (our set shots have improved under him) and bring in Worsfold. Keep Prior as he's doing fine.

Carr was a good pickup for mine as the players seem to be speaking quite highly of him, I'd love for Sandilands to come in and just be the full time ruck coach, get rid of Hale and Rock and give more time to LeCras as a forward coach (our set shots have improved under him) and bring in Worsfold. Keep Prior as he's doing fine.
Sandy is also too nice. I want more josh cars with some skin in the game.
Some successful west Australians with south or east freo links ie woosha would be required..

Why don’t we just go to every eagles player reunion and see how many we can poach :sick:

Lecras, cool, Worsfold, if we must.

That’s enough though.

Go after Pav, Sandi, Ballas, McPharlin, Bradley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hale must’ve done something right to basically become Ross Lyon’s right hand man after a few years, then end up coaching us last year ahead of everyone else (admittedly competition wasn’t great).

Like S+C it’s about replacing the right people, not everyone.

FWIW I think Worsfold coming would make a great difference. I don’t particularly rate him as a senior coach tbh but his experience and knowledge from a different system would be very valuable. It seems almost common knowledge Worsfold wants to return to WA, so if West Coast don’t go after him he might not cost much tbh.

Is Lecras even still at the club? He was working one day a week so there’s no way he went to the hub. He can’t be credited with much. Having said if he’s worth having on a full time basis we should look at it.

From our ex players Luke McPharlin is one that’d be good. Mundy potentially as well.

There’s room for a lot of that to happen and still keep Carr and Hale who seem quite highly rated imo.

Why don’t we just go to every eagles player reunion and see how many we can poach :sick:

Lecras, cool, Worsfold, if we must.

That’s enough though.

Go after Pav, Sandi, Ballas, McPharlin, Bradley.

That type of nepotism would be the quickest way to destroy the club. Look at how Adelaide have fared pursuing a similar strategy.

Is Lecras even still at the club? He was working one day a week so there’s no way he went to the hub. He can’t be credited with much. Having said if he’s worth having on a full time basis we should look at it.

No, he isn't. I went to the 6PR thing they had before the Derby with him and Haselby and he said he was only there for a few weeks and stopped working at the club before Corona happened. He could have been lying but he didn't seem to be.

I'd actually go the other way, pyke is renowned for his tatical nous/strategy while worsfold is more the man manager type
Call the job title what you like, I agree that Worsfold is good with people but bad with tactics.

Pyke is the opposite great brain for football but lack people skills.

Design a structure to draw on the strengths of both men.

I might mind Neale Craig to come back and replace Weber as well.

S&C need to get someone like Darren Burgess. He's at Melbourne now and guess what? low injury list..
Interesting the interview between Lyon and Burgess.

Lyon was asking about the progression for players to back after the corona break. Lyon was suggesting that the players increase by x amount a week.

Burgess cautioned that approached by saying that the NFL teams did a similar thing as Ross said but it resulted in long injury lists.

Burgess was good and very polite but he pushed back on the idea.

Weber must likely would have agreed with Ross.

It isn’t going to happen, but I think Woosha’s best role for us would be Peter Bell’s. We need a lot of work on S&C, list management, Player development, maybe recruiting. Supposedly Woosha is a good organiser and manager, he has seen 3 different AFL clubs in the last 7 years, and I don’t think tactics were ever his strength.
I tend to agree and think we'll end up with too many chiefs and not enough Indians, so to speak.

One of the best assistant coaches for smarts and tactical nous last year was Leigh Montagna and haven't heard anything about him this year. Also disappointed to hear LeCras not coaching as goal kicking was something we seriously needed to improve. And has this co-incided with the return of Lobb's silly stutter?

No changes were made with the assistants we had (except Carr for Guerra who walked) or S&C and I think both have to be a priority now rather than "getting" Woosh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back