Coach Assistant coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaw: "Shinboner spirit, go hard"
Rawlings: "But Rhyce, we have to have a plan to move the ball"
Shaw: "Shinboner spirit, good in the contest, pressure"
Rawlings: ...
I bumped into Shaw last year on Spencer st. Did not know who he was.
I thought he was 1 of those special supporters that wear their footy team tracksuits 24 7.

Meh ,that’s just deflection/coping mechanism on their part to hide the fact that their board (of ex north players) selected an absolute dud coach

Yeah, I think they are numb from all the pain that is happening around their club.

Was it Suban who almost got done htb in the final minutes inside Claremont's f50 almost costing SFreo the game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine LOL, never gets old.

The **** was he trying to do?
really need to thank TheInjuryFactory for that gif, here’s another angle
128F1211-6F30-4BE5-A625-97C4DB6F8074.gif
I suspect only Subes knows what he was trying to do there

Mitch Cleary now reporting that we have offered Matthew Boyd a role and he is weighing up the decision

Hmm I like Boyd but its interesting that all our coaches seem to have links to each other, Boyd this time coming from Pies (JL Link), stinks of a boys club type scenario.

Anyone else worried about that?

Hmm I like Boyd but its interesting that all our coaches seem to have links to each other, Boyd this time coming from Pies (JL Link), stinks of a boys club type scenario.

Anyone else worried about that?
For Bell hiring Carr/JL, yes. It's worked out well so far though

For JL telling Bell Boyd is very good and we need to get him / using the link with JL to bring him in, then no.

I feel connections around the league is how you recruit good assistants. Not everyone walks just for a bundle of cash. And if they will there is probably someone else willing to offer the same amount without moving them across the country.

Lyon had been at the club so long he could barely use his connections from outside the club. Didn’t help that Lenny Hayes seems to the only one from his saints group that went into coaching.

have a feeling he'll knock us back. he's a vic guy at a big vic club, it'll take some convincing to get him to move across country in these times for a similar role.

I think it's a good thing if JLO has worked with him previously. If you think about your own workplace, surely it's beneficial to have someone work for you who you know is a good fit and is disciplined. I highly doubt it's about getting a 'mate' a job. Jlo knows how fickle a senior job can be - he wants success.

Boyd was known for having a great work ethic and seems like a good person. Hopefully he'll help drive the group and the culture. He's also someone who had to work hard for his football career. He was overlooked in drafts, a rookie pick who wasn't known for his skills (ended up as a rookie pick). Yet he's a former captain, premiership winner, triple all-Australian etc. He was successful because he was driven. I think he'll be a real role model for the youth.

I feel connections around the league is how you recruit good assistants. Not everyone walks just for a bundle of cash. And if they will there is probably someone else willing to offer the same amount without moving them across the country.

Lyon had been at the club so long he could barely use his connections from outside the club. Didn’t help that Lenny Hayes seems to the only one from his saints group that went into coaching.
Lyon got us Brett Kirk and Simon Lloyd I think

Remove this Banner Ad

Back