Coach Assistant coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

JLo has given his endorsement and blessing for our forward coach Jaymie Graham to apply for a senior coaching role at Essendon or elsewhere.

And Port Adelaide are attempting to poach our midfield coach, Josh Carr as a senior assistant to take over from Ken Hinkley.

What would the loss of these two mean for us and who could replace them?

JLo has given his endorsement and blessing for our forward coach Jaymie Graham to apply for a senior coaching role at Essendon or elsewhere.

And Port Adelaide are attempting to poach our midfield coach, Josh Carr as a senior assistant to take over from Ken Hinkley.

Believe there was something about Graham wanting to have another year with the Dockers before taking on a head role? Don't remember where I saw it but it was around the time GWS were looking for a coach

I'm tired of the media reporting on who Freo is about to lose, instead of allowing us to enjoy and focus on the final series. each time you open afl.com,au it's all about who is poaching who from Fremantle :(

If Jaymie Graham has half a brain - which I think we can all agree he has two - he will avoid the Essendon poison challis in order to keep his coaching career alive.

If Jaymie Graham has half a brain - which I think we can all agree he has two - he will avoid the Essendon poison challis in order to keep his coaching career alive.

I reckon Graham has already given the Essendon idea, the barge pole treatment.

He will not contemplate a return to the Eagles, until there is a change of personnel in various departments.

Another 12 months, he could be ripe for the picking. Remember he is a strong family man, so family will have a large say.

We'd be fine imo. We're good at assessing talent these days and the jobs would be very highly sought after within the industry. We may even improve as a result.

Josh Carr

Attachments

• 9E9E90FF-5263-40E8-9C2C-AA4CCE6A9F7B.png
    9E9E90FF-5263-40E8-9C2C-AA4CCE6A9F7B.png
    163.5 KB · Views: 159

shows we are doing something right if we have people chasing both of our senior assistants. I know alot of coaches around the league consider us to be the "best coached" team in the league.

I think there is a deal in the coaches association that all assistants are free to apply for senior roles regardless of contract status.

This happens when you’re a well coached team who’s having success. I’ve seen so many coaches poached from the Packers over the last 25 years. It’s like getting tagged. You don’t like it but it’s a sign of respect.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he'd come in handy to improve our performance in those games where it's really wet...

Think About It GIF by Identity

Doubt it, he was studying Marine biology while he was playing. as far as i know he graduated and will go down that path. My friend was in the same Uni class as him for it.
There are not that many jobs in marine biology though and you may have to leave the state so maybe he wants to stay closer to home.

His Covid breach arrogance is what did him in I think. I wouldn't be surprised if he was told it would be his last year at Freo.
I edited my post as I don't know enough about him to call him a flog. I read the article and it says he moved to Adelaide for family reasons. I know he has a son with a learning disability or some along those lines so maybe the move to Adelaide could be for family support?

Not mentioned in the Freo FC release, but this AFL article says Carr has already accepted an assistant coaching role at Port Adelaide.

Pretty funny that he did this to us as a player, too. If nothing else he is consistent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back