Coach Assistant coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be surprised if the drive between the training ground for Freo and West Coast is longer than the drive between all the Melbourne teams (bar Geelong).

A slightly different drive to work and staying in your existing home and neighborhood. Hard to beat.
Unless you're ambitious to broaden your horizons and/or improve your "brand". Then there's increased incentive to uproot digs and go to a potential contender or learn from a coach who's getting acknowledged as topline. Teague has already been there done that really.

I don't get the Teague love.....think he is manifestly average - his coaching career mirrors his playing career.
He was forward line coach of Adelaide when they went from 4th bottom to 2nd. Forward line coach of West Coast when they went from 9th to 2nd and playing in a GF. And forward line coach of Carlton where they saw good improvement from their forward line.

As a senior coach I agree. As a forward line coach I think he's got a pretty good résumé.

A bit like David Hale, who I thought was ok as a development coach but didn't see anything positive from him as a line coach.

But we're just guessing.

I don't get the Teague love.....think he is manifestly average - his coaching career mirrors his playing career.
Some seem to like what he did with the Carlton attack. I tend to be of the opinion that much of that was Cameron Bruce (fwds) and Brent Stanton (Mids & Transition) with assistance from Greg Williams (skills) and Sav Rocca (goal kicking)

I'm more in your camp. Don't get the hype. Didn't get on the "Teague train" or whatever it was and I have a passionate Carlton supporter as a friend. I told him at the time it would all end in tears. I do not subscribe to the 'interim is the best indicator of future performance' theory touted in AFL (and other) circles. There are a bunch of very solid business management principles which I believe indicate the contrary.

If I was poaching Carlton staff I would be looking elsewhere. PS they can keep Bond.

Oh snap'

'ASSISTANT coach Jaymie Graham appears poised to be unveiled as Fremantle's new forwards coach in the next 48 hours as the Dockers negotiate his clearance from West Coast.'

Great get, really fits the bill of "coaches who have aspirations to be a senior coach" as well as someone who has been a good forwards coach in the past
Additionally it’s an automatic upgrade on Hale. With all due respect to Hale, he’s been part of a coaching structure that concentrated on effort & scoring one more point than the opposition for most of his coaching tenure.

Not an ideal environment for a forwards coach to weave his magic, with Graham he brings new ideas & can introduce some serious structure change just from working with a dynamic & balanced forward half at the Weagles.

edit, Graham’s coaching history.

* 2009 - 2011
South Fremantle 15's Development
Scotch Collage Yr 10's

*2012 & 2013 (St Kilda Football Club)
Development Coach Defenders
Assistant Coach Sandringham Football Club

2014 - Current ( West Coast Eagles Football Club)
Multiple roles which include:
Development Coach Forwards 2014 & 2015
Head Coach of our alignment club East Perth Football Club 2016
Assistant Coach Forwards 2017, 2018 & 2019
Assistant Coach Defenders 2020-current

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can see Tracey, Henry, and the smalls adapting to a new style forward structure, not sure about Tabs.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Definitely one of the better rules they bought in, some players try to milk a free from it, but its stopping players from that sort of action in the video.

I remember that happening live while I was watching it on TV, I grabbed the remote and switched it off. Felt sort of queasy, walked around for 10 seconds and copped the slow motion replay. That injury and Barlow are the worst I can remember.

I remember that happening live while I was watching it on TV, I grabbed the remote and switched it off. Felt sort of queasy, walked around for 10 seconds and copped the slow motion replay. That injury and Barlow are the worst I can remember.
The Voss is ingrained in my memory as well. Only the sock stopping his leg from falling off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back