Coach Assistant coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
Was surprised to see Alan Richardson on the ground during the celebrations today. Unless I’m mistaken. Then I think I also saw Brendon McCartney. Plus Chocco that’s three ex senior coaches on the staff at Melbourne. Seriously?
We should get some ex senior coaches

What's Ross up to nowadays?

Freo Shark

Invasion of the Purple Haze
Oct 18, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks, Miami Heat, Wildcats, 49ers
We burn coaches not just replace them, we kill their careers. How many ex coaches are even favourable towards Freo? Harves, Neesham, Drum, Lyon? Connolly, Drum are perhaps the only ones. Thats not only us. Its the Weagles Media that runs them into the ground.

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
We burn coaches not just replace them, we kill their careers. How many ex coaches are even favourable towards Freo? Harves, Neesham, Drum, Lyon? Connolly, Drum are perhaps the only ones. Thats not only us. Its the Weagles Media that runs them into the ground.
Pretty sure Harvey said some good things about us when he was on the Front Bar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geoff

Premium Platinum
May 13, 2004
W.A.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Choco, Richardson how does that work for the soft cap? AFL legacy club, they’ve been getting a leg up for years. Pretty impressive win though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Choco, Richardson how does that work for the soft cap? AFL legacy club, they’ve been getting a leg up for years. Pretty impressive win though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would Goodwin be on much for senior coach? Wouldn’t think so tbh - I guess your point still stands though.

Was surprised to see Alan Richardson on the ground during the celebrations today. Unless I’m mistaken. Then I think I also saw Brendon McCartney. Plus Chocco that’s three ex senior coaches on the staff at Melbourne. Seriously?
I could’ve sworn McCartney got let go a few years ago by them, from memory he was one of those who took the fall for 2019

Sturty2Hurty

Team Captain
Jul 24, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Rumours Chris Scott might want to move on. Wonder if Freo would be able to bring him back? I feel like JLO needs a bit of guidance.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Rumours Chris Scott might want to move on. Wonder if Freo would be able to bring him back? I feel like JLO needs a bit of guidance.
He will be one of the most sought after coaches around, but will have a similar caveat to Lyon. For Scott it is about list management and player development as well as game style. Personally I think good coaches evolve, and Scott is a very good coach.

Geoff

Premium Platinum
May 13, 2004
W.A.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Would Goodwin be on much for senior coach? Wouldn’t think so tbh - I guess your point still stands though.

He’s now a “Premiership Coach”, if Choco n Richardson are his training wheels (I thought that was Roo’s purpose) there going to have to let him loose at some stage. Then we’ll see.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Be good as a senior assistant.
But I think the talk is that he’s in line for the Gold Coast job, particularly with Clarko taking a liking for the Tassie job

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
He’s now a “Premiership Coach”, if Choco n Richardson are his training wheels (I thought that was Roo’s purpose) there going to have to let him loose at some stage. Then we’ll see.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Yea 100% but until the weekend he’s a young-ish coach without a massive reputation.

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Lol imagine being Carlton, hiring for a head coach and ending up with Michael Voss of all people, only for Chris Scott who would have been perfect for them to get sacked a week later

if he walked now he'd probably just take a year off and walk into a gig at the suns or a vic club that struggles next year for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back