Coach Assistant coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Spitballing here, what about Beau Wardman the Subi coach?
Could well coach his third league premiership on Saturday to go with at least one colts. I know he's at Subiaco who are well ahead of anyone, but he's kept them at a high standard and brings a winning culture.

The rumour was that Carr was to be coaching Peel next year. Not sure if that’s be effectively the coaching equivalent of delisting a player and moving them to the rookie list or part of a growing trend of clubs seeming to use one of their development coaches as the reserves coach.

Not sure who the final coach will be (midfield coach or Peel) but there may be a reason why we haven’t heard a single thing regarding who this person is.

Anyway, I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough.

Wouldn't make sense to keep him away from the main group. What's the chance of having him dummy spit & effecting the Freo players at peel with his bad attitude.

Spitballing here, what about Beau Wardman the Subi coach?
Could well coach his third league premiership on Saturday to go with at least one colts. I know he's at Subiaco who are well ahead of anyone, but he's kept them at a high standard and brings a winning culture.

In what role? We've got all the obvious roles filled haven't we? It's not as if he'd leave Subi to coach Peel and I doubt we'd demote one of our current assistants, even Carr.

Found this sentence interesting...

Graham retired at just 25 in 2008 to become the legal guardian of his younger sister.

Found more details about it...

Far out, what a legend.

Puts Hogan’s selfishness into perspective.

Does the fact we haven't said we've finalized our coaching team mean anything?

There was talk of another Assistant Coach coming in. Given the lack of announcement and his past working relationship with JL anyone else think said assistant is coaching a WAFL Grand Final this weekend?
I doubt it’s Curly from Souths, he just signed a 2 year extension before the finals.

So, is this a resume building move for him? I guess if you can fix Freos forward line you can fix anything? To me it seems like a lateral move, which doesn’t give him any additional ticks on the resume. I don’t see why he would leave WC with year remaining.

Was he pushed out? I could see WC saying, “Look, we need to make changes. We could either sack you or you could find another opportunity.” For someone with his credentials you’d think a big Vic club would want him on board. Maybe he wants to stick local? I don’t know but something doesn’t add up. Or maybe it’s just my inner Freo insecurities…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So, is this a resume building move for him? I guess if you can fix Freos forward line you can fix anything? To me it seems like a lateral move, which doesn’t give him any additional ticks on the resume. I don’t see why he would leave WC with year remaining.

Was he pushed out? I could see WC saying, “Look, we need to make changes. We could either sack you or you could find another opportunity.” For someone with his credentials you’d think a big Vic club would want him on board. Maybe he wants to stick local? I don’t know but something doesn’t add up. Or maybe it’s just my inner Freo insecurities…

Or maybe he’s fleeing a sinking ship? Lot of noise around the issues brewing below the surface at WC.

Also, at some point you need a change in your job. It’s either a new position, or a new employer.

I get the insecurities thing though, been a long road, but I think JLo is putting a pretty good team together on and off field

It certainly looks like a CV building move. Maybe when he's applied for head coaching roles the feedback he's received is that he needs to build his experience outside of WC. Other than a couple of years at the Saints as just a development coach, he's only been at the one club.

Fixing our forward line will coincide with the improvement of the personnel that play in it, the industry will understand that.

It certainly looks like a CV building move. Maybe when he's applied for head coaching roles the feedback he's received is that he needs to build his experience outside of WC. Other than a couple of years at the Saints as just a development coach, he's only been at the one club.

Fixing our forward line will coincide with the improvement of the personnel that play in it, the industry will understand that.

i have no doubt he will be a senior coach at some point, everyone that has worked with him was pretty wrapped with what he has done.

Having said that, it seems like the WCE were unprepared for the impact 6/6/6 would have on their gameplan and are now in a serious pickle with their list. Should they have identified earlier there would be problems and not signed up people like Mcgovern on huge money? maybe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rumour was that Carr was to be coaching Peel next year. Not sure if that’s be effectively the coaching equivalent of delisting a player and moving them to the rookie list or part of a growing trend of clubs seeming to use one of their development coaches as the reserves coach.

Not sure who the final coach will be (midfield coach or Peel) but there may be a reason why we haven’t heard a single thing regarding who this person is.

Anyway, I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough.
It's Mayne 🤫

Geoff (Romance) Valentine is definitely looking to get closer to an AFL assistant gig & the relationship with Peel/Fremantle is the obvious pathway.

To have the ‘blessing’ from West Perth surely suggests that this is a step up from the West Perth gig. I would suggest Geoff will step into a development role at Freo very shortly as this is his main strength.

Sure - Belly intimates as such in his final sentence - but if Freo has the ability to offer up a more qualified/skilled/experienced coaching option (such as Carr) surely Peel would consider that option closely.

I'm not sure Freo would be too keen to demote Carr and then have to find a replacement for him at this stage of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back