Assistant Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like i’m one of few that is keen to see what Skipworth brings to the table.
It's been less than 12 months since Skipworth broke his Essendon contract two days after preseason had commenced to replace Lockyer; he's obviously made a good impression in a very short period of time. As you say Boyd was similarly fast tracked.

He got Essendon's VFL team into the finals, so he must have some ability.

Carroll replaces the promoted Skipworth as head of academy. Ex-Hawthorn, don't mind the appointment.

Carroll will arrive at Collingwood after a decade at Hawthorn where he coached Box Hill to a VFL premiership in 2013, served as an assistant to Alastair Clarkson in the premiership year of 2015 and most recently was Head of Development and Learning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So will he coach our VFL team or will that be Selwood? Or someone else?
Craig Black is the rumour. Ex-Dandenong stringrays coach and currently our pathways coach.

DC is a terrific appointment for the Pies. He coached the BHH to the 2013 premiership and was selected as the coach of the 20 year 2000 to 2019 BHH All Stars team. He’s a very good educator and development coach. At the BHH he strongly advocated for what was best for the team and players. DC is a ripper bloke of great integrity and I was very disappointed and upset when he was a victim of the soft cap. Hawthorn’s loss is a big gain for the Pies. I wish DC well.

DC is a terrific appointment for the Pies. He coached the BHH to the 2013 premiership and was selected as the coach of the 20 year 2000 to 2019 BHH All Stars team. He’s a very good educator and development coach. At the BHH he strongly advocated for what was best for the team and players. DC is a ripper bloke of great integrity and I was very disappointed and upset when he was a victim of the soft cap. Hawthorn’s loss is a big gain for the Pies. I wish DC well.

Never heard of him but like what you have mentioned there. Being a good educator is the thing that I liked reading the most. Chris Fagan surrounded himself with teaching/educational type coaches and that seems to be looking good for them. Maybe this is the new path as opposed to ex players.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Buckley era of coaching has been a joy to all Collingwood fans, especially the 2013 to 2017 period indeed.

Cannot wait until 2021..
Will just get better when Eddie extends his contract because apparently he's the chosen one to lead us to the promised land.

Good times await.....

As damning a tweet as you'll see from a current player.

Sorry? Why is a tweet thanking him damning? If anything it’s just a show of respect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back