Assistant Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

In relation to the Pies Assistant Coaches... I don't think the Pies will make any changes to the two assistant coaches until Buckley's future is decided (either re-signed or let go). No assistant coach is likely to come to us for a possible 1 year tenure.

I would like our coaching panel to resolve some of our anomalies:
Ranked 1st in disposals per game > but ranked 18th in metres gained per game > and ranked 1th in kicks per game
Ranked 1st in hit outs per game > but ranked 14th in centre clearances > and 12th in clearances per game
Ranked 1st for effective disposals per game > but ranked 13th for goals per game > ranked 17th for I50 vs goals scored (6 I50's per goal); ranked 16th for marks I50
Ranked 18th for R50's

Wow Rover they are some really damming stats. Here’s what they say to me

- too much handball. Ranked 1st in disposals but 18th in metres gained! WTF
- 13th for goals per game but 17th on conversion for I50 means our forward set up is not functioning
- 16th for marks inside 50 also reinforces my thoughts that our kicking inside 50 is atrocious; and
- The biggest problem of them all is that we clearly need a ruck coach and a better coach for stoppages. 1st in hitouts but 14th in centre clearances and 12th in general clearances shows our mids connection with Grundy just isn’t there!

Do you mind if I steal some of these stats? I might tweet the club about a few of them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wow Rover they are some really damming stats. Here’s what they say to me

- too much handball. Ranked 1st in disposals but 18th in metres gained! WTF
- 13th for goals per game but 17th on conversion for I50 means our forward set up is not functioning
- 16th for marks inside 50 also reinforces my thoughts that our kicking inside 50 is atrocious; and
- The biggest problem of them all is that we clearly need a ruck coach and a better coach for stoppages. 1st in hitouts but 14th in centre clearances and 12th in general clearances shows our mids connection with Grundy just isn’t there!

Do you mind if I steal some of these stats? I might tweet the club about a few of them.

Agree whole heartedly

FFS the one assistant I didn’t want to lose!

Stop poaching our coaches J Lo!

Is it a bit of an indictment he’s happy to move on (to relocate to the other side of the country) after 2 years?

It is imperative that we try and get Buddha Hocking back now.

Seemingly highly regarded by Longmuir. If Boyd harbours senior ambitions it's probably a smart move; assistant coaches risk becoming stagnant and pigeon holed should they remain at one club for too long. In terms of us Longmuir's departure is often spoken about, but it was seemingly a near seamless transition for our defensive group.

Buckley or someone else recently spoke about potentially having to hard decisions regarding others at the club in addition to Gotch and Hocking, so it seems unlikely that we'll be able to recruit a high calibre replacement. Perhaps Boyd's departure spares someone else though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So basically all the good work done in the review at the end of 2017 has been eroded and were back to the same shithouse set up. Pathetic
Dont be sooo negative!!!

We are in a much better place than were were at the end of 2017.

Back to back to back finals appearnces.

The best Coach & assistants in the league.

The best President & Board in the league.

Our list manager is the envy of the sporting world, just behind Dodoro.

We are on the cusp of an era. get on board!!!

Seemingly highly regarded by Longmuir. If Boyd harbours senior ambitions it's probably a smart move; assistant coaches risk becoming stagnant and pigeon holed should they remain at one club for too long. In terms of us Longmuir's departure is often spoken about, but it was seemingly a near seamless transition for our defensive group.

Buckley or someone else recently spoke about potentially having to hard decisions regarding others at the club in addition to Gotch and Hocking, so it seems unlikely that we'll be able to recruit a high calibre replacement. Perhaps Boyd's departure spares someone else though?

So disappointing to do the ground work and find assistants, develop them to a high standard for them to be poached or offered promotions.

Hopefully we can find the next Longmuir or Boyd - Dean Solomon may be an option if we do DD around his departure from GCS, as he is highly regarded apparently.

And then there's the impact on morale - Boyd was very well liked.
The only positive is that there are a lot of assistants available, given lower FD budgets have forced Clubs to cut staff.

So disappointing to do the ground work and find assistants, develop them to a high standard for them to be poached or offered promotions.

Hopefully we can find the next Longmuir or Boyd - Dean Solomon may be an option if we do DD around his departure from GCS, as he is highly regarded apparently.

And then there's the impact on morale - Boyd was very well liked.
The only positive is that there are a lot of assistants available, given lower FD budgets have forced Clubs to cut staff.

Good call on Solomon

develop them to a high standard

You mean like Harvey and Sanderson have been developed to a high standard and are ripe for poaching by opposition clubs?

Maybe Boyd has some inherent coaching ability, and it was Longmuir he developed under?

FMD, Collingwood supporters need to stop with worshipping personalities and worship success instead.

Can we trade Robert Harvey to St Kilda.

Can we trade Robert Harvey to St Kilda.

You can't spread the virus....

FFS the one assistant I didn’t want to lose!

Stop poaching our coaches J Lo!

Is it a bit of an indictment he’s happy to move on (to relocate to the other side of the country) after 2 years?

Maybe he just hates wearing a mask?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back