Assistant coaching changes (Caracella departure confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

He was coming thru the windows of the box last night.

You could hear the blood boiling as he watched the softer efforts and missed chances.

The passion is there. Not sure it would translate well but who knows - Id give it a shot.

Him working with the small forwards and Mids....

Could do worse

LUV him and Smithy getting McCarthy, Cocky, Cowan, Menzel, Kersten, Parsons, Gregson, Lang into the right way of doing it.

Go Catters

Chappy I'd use in a part time sense, he'd be all about effort and intensity which is our greatest weakness.
I would argue though that constantly looking at ex Geelong Champions for coaching positions is a really bad way to go, if I was Cooky (glad for the GFC I'm not) I'd be looking for who the industry considers the best assistant coaches in each area and try to poach them.

Chappy I'd use in a part time sense, he'd be all about effort and intensity which is our greatest weakness.
I would argue though that constantly looking at ex Geelong Champions for coaching positions is a really bad way to go, if I was Cooky (glad for the GFC I'm not) I'd be looking for who the industry considers the best assistant coaches in each area and try to poach them.
Only thing is the cap on footballing dept spending makes that harder and harder to do.

Anyone surprised?

“Blake has impressive credentials, experiencing great success throughout his playing and coaching career, and we’re really excited that he’s joining our coaching ranks,” Tigers general manager of football, Neil Balme said.

“I know what a quality person Blake is, and can’t speak highly enough of him, having spent a number of years working with him as both a player and a coach.

Caracella is one of a small elite group of coaches accepted into AFL level 4 coaching accreditation. I think he was poached with big cash by Balmey and our dept spending couldn't match. There is only 2 people outside the club who know the qualities of our long term staff inside out, one is Bomber and the other is Balme.

Having seen so many of the Bulldog mids speak so glowingly of Joel Corey and what he has done for their development, makes me think that the club needs to make an extremely strong push to get him back so he can work with our young mids

Having seen so many of the Bulldog mids speak so glowingly of Joel Corey and what he has done for their development, makes me think that the club needs to make an extremely strong push to get him back so he can work with our young mids

Good idea!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think we should get anymore ex-Geelong or Lions players involved. Time to challenge the group with some outside ideas.

I would be looking at someone who has been involved with the Hawthorn, Sydney or Adelaide program.
I'd be looking at the person who has the best coaching credentials. Specially someone who can complement what we have. Past club involvement would be secondary to that.

Been banging like a dunny door in the breeze about this...

Get it done.

GO Catters

Chris Scott IMO is a really level headed professional guy. However, maybe we need a bit of a nut who doesn't mind saying it like it is. Maybe Chappy, maybe someone else BUT someone who is prepared to light a fight to get stuff going. Maybe Choco. He'd fire up a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caracella is one of a small elite group of coaches accepted into AFL level 4 coaching accreditation. I think he was poached with big cash by Balmey and our dept spending couldn't match. There is only 2 people outside the club who know the qualities of our long term staff inside out, one is Bomber and the other is Balme.
Considering he has told my parents who are his neighbours that his contract wasn't renewed by Geelong, I'm not sure he was 'poached'.

SO with a LOT of asst coaches available at the moment, perhaps the lack of noise n the incoming is out of respect for the Doggies as Smithy is coming home...

Have no info to confirm this but at least the timing makes sense.

Go Catters

SO with a LOT of asst coaches available at the moment, perhaps the lack of noise n the incoming is out of respect for the Doggies as Smithy is coming home...

Have no info to confirm this but at least the timing makes sense.

Go Catters
You are so, so keen about this. Should it not happen I'm concerned about the adverse affect it will have on you.;)

He was quite impressive in the presser he did today. He'd be a good get.

The Bullies would be negligent not to do all they can to keep him. He now resides in Melbourne and seems very happy in the kennel so I wouldn't be all that confident about a return any time soon. Hope I'm wrong.

You are so, so keen about this. Should it not happen I'm concerned about the adverse affect it will have on you.;)

The Bullies would be negligent not to do all they can to keep him. He now resides in Melbourne and seems very happy in the kennel so I wouldn't be all that confident about a return any time soon. Hope I'm wrong.

I gotta hang onto something. Most of my hopes get cut and delisted.:oops::eek:

But seriously, loved the way Smithy played. And from what ive seen and heard, luv the way he coaches.

Scarlo seemed to benefit from time away from the club - and loves being back. It could do the same for Smithy.

I just think he's done well for the dish lickers and we have some young talent in the 50+ game department that need to find that next gear in their development

Could do worse...

GO Catters

Really? Not that he was bad, all I got was awkwardness and didn't want to be there talking to them. Straight batted everything with the straightest bat to ever be batted ha

That said, I think as an assistant he'd be great for our midfield.

Do miss Joel Corey, would like to see him wearing a Cats polo once again, looks like he is a very good assistant coach, Bulldogs rate him.

But I do also agree that we need to think outside the box, I would be all for getting someone in who has worked closely with say Clarkson or Longmire over the past 5-6 years, especially Clarko, he may be annoying but he is a bloody mastermind and always one step ahead of everyone.

Bevo is a clone of him.

Think we need a harder edge too, a different voice and someone who has some proven strength in match day tactics. Not sure of personality, but Dean Laidley keeps coming to mind.

I would not be surprised to see one of the assistant midfield coaches shuffled over to the forward line. Something along the lines of Knights stays as sole midfield coach with Rahilly taking over from Caracella. It's not what I would want to see, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back