Prediction Assistant coaching changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else feel like the Australian Cricket team have borrowed our selection policies? I mean any chance you can select a guy (or several) that have repeatedly shown they aren't up to it when it matters, you just have to do it. Is Shaun Marsh actually David Mackay in disguise?

I like that Ben Hart has said that we're lacking a ruthless edge. May I suggest that ruthlessness starts at selection, you want it on the field, light up the way on Thursday night.

I've said the same thing on many occasions

Coaches can't ask players to be ruthless and show courage if the coaches own selection behaviour is conservative and risk adverse

Anyone else feel like the Australian Cricket team have borrowed our selection policies? I mean any chance you can select a guy (or several) that have repeatedly shown they aren't up to it when it matters, you just have to do it. Is Shaun Marsh actually David Mackay in disguise?
Pretty sure the Australian cricket team invented this type of selection policy going back many years.

That 100% sounds like our selection policies!!

With a few exceptions since THE MAESTRO arrived.

Milera was picked in round 1 in 2016 and THE MAESTRO kept playing him until it hurt, ditto 2017.
No one was screaming for McGovern in round 1 2016, he was picked by THE MAESTRO and he has played every game (when fit) ever since.
Once THE MIGHTY THOR was given a chance, he has not been dropped.
Lever and Atkins were dropped for the finals but have never been dropped by THE MAESTRO.
Many were surprised to see Jake Kelly in round 1 2017 but THE MAESTRO had faith in him and he has flourished.

Only supporters who never watch the SANFL would suggest that Gallucci, Poholke, Himmelberg, Signorello, Davis and Jarman were demanding to be picked. Doedee was unlucky, when a spot was available he was injured and Kelly took his chance.

I am very hopeful that Gallucci will develop into a elite midfielder with the Crows but he did not look ready last year. Another pre-season sometimes makes all the difference. I remember Andy Otten's first game, he looked like a deer in the headlights. In his second year he was pressing for the Rising Star award.

The examples of ignoring the KIDS goes back to the Sando years and earlier, it is ancient history.

The Adelaide Crows would like to thank James Podsiadly for his contribution to the Club as he leaves to pursue outside business interests.

As an assistant coach, he mentored the Club’s defenders in the past two seasons but has decided to focus on a different career path next year.

Crows Head of Football Brett Burton thanked Podsiadly for his contribution since crossing as a player from Geelong ahead of the 2014 season.

“James is a quality person with a sharp football brain and he gave our Club great service as a player and most recently as a member of the coaching panel,” Burton said.

“He was keen to stay involved and we discussed several possibilities but ultimately he has other life goals and interests to fulfil.

“We wish James and his wife Claire all the best for their future plans.”

Experienced duo Ben Hart and Josh Francou have been added to the coaching panel with specific roles to be allocated once the coaching panel is finalised.

The Club is currently conducting interviews for a development coach to replace Nathan van Berlo, who joined West Coast last month.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-11-20/crows-thank-podsiadly

Obviously Scott Thompson wasn't on the clubs wish list
Adelaide did offer Thommo a role, but he thought best to get experience at a different club.

Good move imo after a long time at AFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Adelaide Crows would like to thank James Podsiadly for his contribution to the Club as he leaves to pursue outside business interests.

As an assistant coach, he mentored the Club’s defenders in the past two seasons but has decided to focus on a different career path next year.

Crows Head of Football Brett Burton thanked Podsiadly for his contribution since crossing as a player from Geelong ahead of the 2014 season.

“James is a quality person with a sharp football brain and he gave our Club great service as a player and most recently as a member of the coaching panel,” Burton said.

“He was keen to stay involved and we discussed several possibilities but ultimately he has other life goals and interests to fulfil.

Experienced duo Ben Hart and Josh Francou have been added to the coaching panel with specific roles to be allocated once the coaching panel is finalised.

The Club is currently conducting interviews for a development coach to replace Nathan van Berlo, who joined West Coast last month.

I gather Hart will be the main defensive coach.

Would like to see Francou take the midfield & Camporeale have a change with the forward group.

Adelaide did offer Thommo a role, but he thought best to get experience at a different club.

Good move imo after a long time at AFC.
But lets not leave the state to get experience ......IMO that would have been the wiser move

But lets not leave the state to get experience ......IMO that would have been the wiser move
He didn't want to leave his kids, which is fair enough.

Reading that it seems Hart to defensive group.
Francou to mids and campo to forwards.

Would seem to be the case. Thommo's playing/coaching role was always pure garbage.

Thommo was offered VB's role however declined both our and Freo's coaching offers

Staying on SA was important for Thimmo but he also wanted to get to another club to kick off his full time coaching apprenticeship

Smart move

In two minds about Thompson. On the one hand, I'm pissed because the club was nice enough to keep him around long past his used by date. On the other hand, the last thing this club needs is another member of the ex-Adelaide boys club. We already brought Hart back and that's bad enough as it is.

In two minds about Thompson. On the one hand, I'm pissed because the club was nice enough to keep him around long past his used by date. On the other hand, the last thing this club needs is another member of the ex-Adelaide boys club. We already brought Hart back and that's bad enough as it is.
I guess at the very least Hart went elsewhere for awhile and (hopefully) learnt something new. VB, Thommo, Bickley, all came straight from playing with us to coaching (or potentially coaching in Thommo's case).

It's the right move for Thommo if he's serious about having a coaching career. Rutten knew this, he went to Richmond and he helped 'em win a premiership.

I'm confident we're not exactly draining the brains trust letting Thommo go.

Port just want him for our IP and would've paid him handsomely for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back