Opinion Assistant coaching staff Read, Mzungu and Hale need to go. Prove me wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair call and better data manipulation (but doesnt disprove what I asked of people in the first place, who decided that instead of offering up what you have, just criticise and whine and jump on the #metoo lifestyle). The intention of an "opinion" which is the tag used, is to get debate on the subject matter. Not have to reply to people who just want to vent their anger at having no friends in life on a forum for football. But thank you for having better data and putting it into a table that wasnt rushed because of the immediate whinge hate mob screaming for something.
Opinions are like ar$eholes: channels for spouting sh*t

Fair call and better data manipulation (but doesnt disprove what I asked of people in the first place, who decided that instead of offering up what you have, just criticise and whine and jump on the #metoo lifestyle). The intention of an "opinion" which is the tag used, is to get debate on the subject matter. Not have to reply to people who just want to vent their anger at having no friends in life on a forum for football. But thank you for having better data and putting it into a table that wasnt rushed because of the immediate whinge hate mob screaming for something.
The tone matters a lot when communicating anywhere. Even with the "opinion" tag I think most people see "prove me wrong" and see red. Mainly because people that tend to use that language are looking for a fight.

It's not everyone else's fault that your message was lost, you need to improve it or seek refuge in a place where everyone thinks like you do.

Also, this sort of stuff:

"Not have to reply to people who just want to vent their anger at having no friends in life on a forum for football"

Will get you nowhere if you actually want a discussion. Never play the man, never.

Shots at goal is to show just that, shots at goals based on points/goals. It doesnt include ~50 shots average per year that are OOB.

And that's a good part of the reason why I said that the graph is garbage because you confined shots on goals to just goals and points tallies.

Just got to look at last weekend's game of 8.13. Not included is Taberner missing completely, and Schultz and Mundy having shots inside 50m that didn't reach the goal line - and they're just the examples I can recall off the top of my head.

And that's a good part of the reason why I said that the graph is garbage because you confined shots on goals to just goals and points tallies.

Just got to look at last weekend's game of 8.13. Not included is Taberner missing completely, and Schultz and Mundy having shots inside 50m that didn't reach the goal line - and they're just the examples I can recall off the top of my head.

I don’t know why the AFL and stat companies don’t keep that info. All we need to know is the number of shots at goal vs the amount of goals. Simple.

Also: rushed behinds included in the points tally, hence also in the shots on goal.

Being good at doing something, particularly a motors skill function that others have drilled into you, does not mean you can automatically analyse it - or teach it.

To coach you need to do the coaching accreditation courses. So you can pretty well rule out every one of the op's suggestions.

Re: the mighty Gu. The NGA is a roaring success. He's also worked with the womens team and they've done orright.

A coach is a boss/mentor/teacher, amateur psychologist. At AFL level you'd have to be an analyst and keep meticulous records, be able to competently work with medics and occ/health safety, be discrete and not prone to breaching player and club confidences down at the pub. Just being good at kicking a footy is a different thing, hence Clarkson and other great coaches not necassarily being gods in the goalsquare back in their day.

Being good at doing something, particularly a motors skill function that others have drilled into you, does not mean you can automatically analyse it - or teach it.

To coach you need to do the coaching accreditation courses. So you can pretty well rule out every one of the op's suggestions.

Re: the mighty Gu. The NGA is a roaring success. He's also worked with the womens team and they've done orright.

A coach is a boss/mentor/teacher, amateur psychologist. At AFL level you'd have to be an analyst and keep meticulous records, be able to competently work with medics and occ/health safety, be discrete and not prone to breaching player and club confidences down at the pub. Just being good at kicking a footy is a different thing, hence Clarkson and other great coaches not necassarily being gods in the goalsquare back in their day.

Yeah Mzungu is doing his current job well.

You don't need to attack people Crimboy. I don't disagree with your analysis but you can't put up a graph that isn't accurate and expect people to just accept it.

Both the shots on goal and the goal accuracy you have presented are incorrect. You haven't normalised 2020 due to Covid to make the comparison relevant. Nor have you projected 2021 based on only 9 rounds to date. Nor have you factored more games in a season due to finals. Use per game averages and adjust 2020 and you have a normalised data set that you can then analyse fairly.

Year / Per Game AverageGoal AccuracyShots on Goal
2020 (normalised due to Covid impact)47.719.5
i like this table. Shows what we are starting to see that we are getting good number of shots on goal now. Just need to improve the accuracy and we should be in nearly every game competing for the win.

OP needs to * right off. Regardless if they're right or not, there's nothing more obnoxious than a "prove me wrong" post, as if you're someone of import.

OP is a campaigner, prove me wrong.

(Oops looks like I've made this point previously. * it still stand by it)

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has surprisingly proven to be one of the more entertaining threads on here definitely some left field opinions from Crimboy which i always enjoy Dockers supporters are often content to run with the herd,
Read an article recently on David Raith tactical guru for Clarkson and Saint Kilda most recently has been recruited to rugby union by Eddie Jones who would be his equivalent at the Dockers? I have no idea who it is hard gig I would imagine could we try and get him into the staff after the Rugby world cup?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back