Opinion Assistant & Line Coach Support

Remove this Banner Ad

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A lot been made of the decision to sack our line coaches & the obvious support that Rhyce is lacking.

If the club does not bring in some really strong assistant/line coaches for Rhyce next year, he may as well hand the keys over now. My belief (unless they are completely delusional) is that they will absolutely bring in some outside support for 2021.

Rhyce Shaw
Gavin Brown

Jade Rawlings ?
Jarred Moore ?
Heath Scotland ?
Leigh Adams ?

So the question is who stays of our current crop and who is brought in?

Dean Solomon is highly regarded and has been let go by the Suns.

Buddha Hocking is one that always gets thrown around as a prospective head coach.

Clineapture.JPG

Attachments

• 1600065464564.png
    1600065464564.png
    718.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
I'd get rid of Jade Rawlings because I don't like the fact his younger brother is the boss. Not sure how Brady sacks Jade now or in the future. Buckley should never have let this happen.

Maybe we could hire all of the line coaches that every other club is being forced to sack.

Moore surely next to go?
I have a feeling they are cleaning house of people who've been there for years who haven't been exceptional. Going to be a whole new coaching staff... again. Big focus on people who can accelerate the growth of the youngers and push them hard with set standards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Melbourne has informed assistant coaches Jade Rawlings and Jarred Moore that they will not continue in their roles at Arden St, as well as development coach Heath Scotland, head of football performance Jason Lappin, part-time ruck coach Will Minson and Next Generation Academy coach Michael Firrito.

The football department changes coincide with a raft of wider staff cuts that the club was forced to make this week to combat the impact of Covid-19.

“These are all quality individuals that sacrificed a lot for the club in our Queensland hub,” GM football Brady Rawlings said.

“I’d sincerely like to thank each and every one of these individuals for their hard work and dedication.

“I am truly sorry to see them go, but these decisions have been made in the best interests of the club and its future.”

Gavin Brown, Brent Harvey and Leigh Adams will continue with the club.

Very disappointed that Spud has gone.

Is anyone else starting to feel quite a bit uneasy about all of these cuts?

The email says the reason is due to the financial impact of covid-19, rather than performance. Are we in worse shape financially than might be expected after a year like this? Just thinking aloud.

I don’t buy the quote “that the club was forced to make the decisions this week to combat the impact of Covid-19 “
Surely this is the opportunity Brady has been waiting for most of this s#it year . I’m sure Covid or no Covid an AFL club still needs assistant coaches (min midfield, defence & forward coaches )
Surely Rhys & his “mentor” cannot possibly handle the whole lot !?

The email says the reason is due to the financial impact of covid-19, rather than performance. Are we in worse shape financially than might be expected after a year like this? Just thinking aloud.

I just hope those that were threatening not renewing membership over Brown pull their heads in, if true it appears that the club needs its members now more then ever.

I’d say Moore would be performance related regardless based on nothing but my own opinion of our midfields 5 year performance.

I don't think we are in a worse shape, but the soft cap is going down next year from 9m to 6m so we have to cut football department costs otherwise the AFL is going to slap a 100% tax on top of the excess and we can't afford that.

Combined with clearing the deck in the playing list.

The way the Brown thing has gone down.

Yes I am starting to feel uneasy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back