Assistants and Roles

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we are angling for Chris Fagan. He's rumoured to be considering a move to Brisbane. We've probably thrown him a healthy contract. The AFL are said to be working feverishly to out do it and get him to Brisbane. It's been very very quiet on the Brisbane front. Who's going to coach up there with that list?

I think we are angling for Chris Fagan. He's rumoured to be considering a move to Brisbane. We've probably thrown him a healthy contract. The AFL are said to be working feverishly to out do it and get him to Brisbane. It's been very very quiet on the Brisbane front. Who's going to coach up there with that list?

No doubt he's the man we want. Only trouble is, it would effectively be a demotion from his current position at the Hawks, whereas an appointment as Senior Coach would be the ultimate endorsement.

If we land this gem it'll be a bloody miracle. I'll be cracking open the champers.

Anyone think Mark Williams is worth looking at?

Would make it easier to get Dustin Martin next year as a free agent, plus I think he offers value as a coach.
If he offered value as a coach Richmond would have retained him.. They need all the help they can get..

Anyone think Mark Williams is worth looking at?

Would make it easier to get Dustin Martin next year as a free agent, plus I think he offers value as a coach.

Dustin Martin loves him - that screams keep him away from my club. Passionate but a total fruit loop imo.

If he offered value as a coach Richmond would have retained him.. They need all the help they can get..
Dustin Martin loves him - that screams keep him away from my club. Passionate but a total fruit loop imo.

Richmond are a basket case, you can't blame Richmond for this.

The fact that he has kept Martin playing great football should be a glowing reference, I would love Martin at our club for the 2018 season.

Richmond are a basket case, you can't blame Richmond for this.

The fact that he has kept Martin playing great football should be a glowing reference, I would love Martin at our club for the 2018 season.

But you could never order in Chinese!!

I would hate Martin at our club, allegedly a total tool with Bikie connections better suits the club down the road - IMO

Blake Caracalla?? (Geelong)
John Barker ?? (Carlton)
Jade Rawlings ?? (Melbourne)
Ben Rutten ?? (Richmond)
Mark ‘Choco’ Williams ?? (Richmond)
Joel Corey ?? (Western Bulldogs)
Brett Montgomery ?? (Western Bulldogs)

hope we can get 1 or 2 of these blokes!
If we don't have injuries and have our full kit on the park ,think 2017 will be a good one for Freo!

Blake Caracalla?? (Geelong)
John Barker ?? (Carlton)
Jade Rawlings ?? (Melbourne)
Ben Rutten ?? (Richmond)
Mark ‘Choco’ Williams ?? (Richmond)
Joel Corey ?? (Western Bulldogs)
Brett Montgomery ?? (Western Bulldogs)

hope we can get 1 or 2 of these blokes!
If we don't have injuries and have our full kit on the park ,think 2017 will be a good one for Freo!

On the radio today that Caracella and Montgomery are likely to go to Richmond. Barker is still high up in the Bris job.

I don't think we need any more assistants and I doubt that any of them could fill the High Performance Coach.

With the job advertised as stated by Freo, the only possible inclusion I see is Chris Fagan. I think he'll take the job if he misses out on the Brisbane job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When the job ad is tailor made for one applicant,haven't they normally already accepted??
Although as you say if he doesn't get the Brisbane gig... may well be the understanding:thumbsu:
Or then again we may be adding 2 and 2 and getting 14!
Either way I'm confident the club's constantly seeking professional improvement.
This off season is certainly more interesting than the season proper!

You don't put an add in the paper if you have your guy already. Freo are looking for someone to help manage Ross after last years delegation debacle in preseason

There is talk of Richmond getting someone big from WA. Sumich isnt going to the slime I read today in the West?(or afl?). Could it be him or is he more likely to coach in the WAFL?

There is talk of Richmond getting someone big from WA. Sumich isnt going to the slime I read today in the West?(or afl?). Could it be him or is he more likely to coach in the WAFL?

I think the rumour is just part of the wishful thinking that has gone through every supporter group regarding the possibility of picking up Fyfe.
I've read or heard it from every supporter base bar one or two. The Richmond fantasy goes that Fyfe wanted to be drafted by them originally, so he would want to save the club from the endless cycle of mediocrity and despair that they find themselves in.

Anyone connected to the Claremont FC? Or know anything about Ross McQueen? Apparently he's coached the colts to 4 GF's in a row. Obviously a good developer of players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back