Association Football Betting Thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Aussies shortened yet again into $11.50 after starting at 16-1 and were that price less than a week ago.

I like these I think they will shorten very soon.

Germany vs Mexico over 2.5 at $1.89 and over 1.5 at $1.27

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Be sure to stay tuned for some more hot tips from yours truly.
It doesn't matter mate. You thought it was a good bet and over the odds, so you got on. No harm done at all, everyone has lost a bet. At least you have the balls to post it beforehand.

Get em next time;)

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
should be a high scoring world cup. Saudi's will get mauled, Panama will cop floggings and with Germany and France's arsenal they'll be sure to knock a few in. Brazil will romp it vs Costa Rica and Spain and Portugal could give Iran a nightmare or two. Iran is supposed to have good D, good luck vs Spain or a desperate Portugal.

Lots of goals to flow whatever happens.

RPCB

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Have any of you guys ever placed a Sportsbet “Most Disposals/Most Goals” bet?

I thought I lost the one I did in the Melbourne/Collingwood game but I actually won. I did Adam Treloar/Tom McDonald. McDonald finished with the most goals in the match with 6 goals and Treloar finished with 32 disposals but Jordan Lewis finished with 33.

So I am guessing the bet was for Treloar to have the most Collingwood team disposals and McDonald to have the most Melbourne team goals? Literally the first time I have even done that bet type and I won it when I thought I didn’t.

Of course I have the bet combined with over 2.5 goals in the Belgium/Costa Rica friendly and Spain/Portugal, France/Australia World Cup matches so I am bound to lose somewhere.
Just to revisit this bet. So I ended up winning the bet but Sportsbet paid for $236 for the bet when the returns showed $476. I will end up querying that but I am sure there is some weird rule with the bet type.

Edit: Just did a live chat and the AFL’a disposals/goals bet type ended in a dead heat, so they divide the max winnings. Tom McDonald and Mason Wood both finished on 5 goals, so that explains it. Oh well, I won’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

Last edited:

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Muller should pick up where he left off in 2014, and in 2010, by dominating the world cup. Have a look at the odds for him to score tonight because he's a seasoned pro when it comes to this tournament.

Draxler could get on too if he starts or comes off the bench. But Muller looks a good pick.

Anytime goal scorer that is.

edited - just had a look and he's $2.40. Seems reasonable.

RPCB

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Hooray for Sportsbet’s World Cup bonus bet offer. I’ve received something like 5 $5 bonus bets so far during the tournament.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jatz

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Got drunk and put this on last night:

99AF13AF-0AF1-4D2B-87CD-09ED64E385B3.png

The Melbourne line would really have stressed me out if I hadn’t been drinking haha.

Also picked the quaddie at Wenty last night. Never placed a quaddie on in my life but for some reason, drunk me thought it was worth doing. Drunk me was right haha.

Jatz

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I know I’ve suggested it on here before but is anyone interested in a Bigfooty punting club? Thinking to do it on Sportsbet, where they have the setup to do it. Could be just $10 a week and we bet on football each week? Or anything you want I guess.

Was having a look before on Sportsbet - I’ve obviously had the idea before as I have a club set up as ‘Bigfooty’ but it was never activated haha.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
Meh, I'm not really a fan of Sportsbet or Ladbrokes, the two I know that do them.

Jatz

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
SM

I don’t know if you’re into racing much but SB have a megabet today for Hugh Bowman to win 2 or more races, paying $4. He’s on a $1.95 and a $2.10 favourite horse throughout the day, as well as some other chances.

I’ve loaded up. Not a sure thing by any stretch but $4 is overs.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
SM

I don’t know if you’re into racing much but SB have a megabet today for Hugh Bowman to win 2 or more races, paying $4. He’s on a $1.95 and a $2.10 favourite horse throughout the day, as well as some other chances.

Can't use Sportsbet haha I self-excluded back in March because I was being dumb, and they won't let me out of it.

Jatz

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Can't use Sportsbet haha I self-excluded back in March because I was being dumb, and they won't let me out of it.
Oh man, that sucks haha. How long is the self exclusion for?

Jatz

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
SM

Got up in the end. Very, very happy days!

Jatz

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
SM any futures markets you like in the Championship this season?

Jatz

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I've gone:

Brighton to be relegated
WBA to get promoted
Sunderland to win the league
Lincoln City to be promoted
Interesting. I'll have a proper look tonight and see what I come up with.

Top Bottom