Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
How do you think bookies operate?
Some arent aware of these things and will just look at previous history. Eg I went to Carraghers last game ever vs QPR back in 2013. Local bookies had Carragher any time goalscorer @2.25. I got 10/1 on sportsbet for Carragher any time scorer. It was known that Carragher was going to take any penalties that were awarded to Liverpool.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
Some arent aware of these things and will just look at previous history. Eg I went to Carraghers last game ever vs QPR back in 2013. Local bookies had Carragher any time goalscorer @2.25. I got 10/1 on sportsbet for Carragher any time scorer. It was known that Carragher was going to take any penalties that were awarded to Liverpool.
Bit different to a h2h result though isn't it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Bit different to a h2h result though isn't it?
Nope, if anything Carraghers last game was all over the media in the UK. I didn't get the win but 10/1 on sportsbet compared to 2.25/1 on local bookies is a huge difference.

In any case Liverpool's starting XI isnt confirmed for the LC game. Could be a few surprises.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
Nope, if anything Carraghers last game was all over the media in the UK. I didn't get the win but 10/1 on sportsbet compared to 2.25/1 on local bookies is a huge difference.

In any case Liverpool's starting XI isnt confirmed for the LC game. Could be a few surprises.
And the odds will update when the line up is announced just as it always does.

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
And the odds will update when the line up is announced just as it always does.
That's why you get on early? if Liverpool are paying 11 bucks or whatever, they're still in all competitions, you never know if there's a motivation internally for them to win the quadruple.

Sometimes there's bets that are kind of unlikely, but only need a few things to transpire for them to become very smart. whether that's a surprise addition or two for Liverpool, Aston Villa have an injury, refereeing, poor weather drags it down to a 0-0er and Liverpool decide to go for a 1-0 and milk it...

It's a good $5 bet in my opinion. it's not that much to lose but that 50 bucks outright is a carton of beer or a meal and a few wines somewhere. again, unlikely, but not a stupid bet. you'd rather go that than say Norwich over City for the same odds.

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone want to tell me why sportsbet don't allow for a Premier League + Champions League + League cup + FA Cup outright multi? the fu**?

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
That's why you get on early? if Liverpool are paying 11 bucks or whatever, they're still in all competitions, you never know if there's a motivation internally for them to win the quadruple.

Sometimes there's bets that are kind of unlikely, but only need a few things to transpire for them to become very smart. whether that's a surprise addition or two for Liverpool, Aston Villa have an injury, refereeing, poor weather drags it down to a 0-0er and Liverpool decide to go for a 1-0 and milk it...

It's a good $5 bet in my opinion. it's not that much to lose but that 50 bucks outright is a carton of beer or a meal and a few wines somewhere. again, unlikely, but not a stupid bet. you'd rather go that than say Norwich over City for the same odds.
Our best 18 players + the injured Fabinho, Matip and Clyne won't play in this game.

It's pretty much going to be the Villa 1st team vs A U23s side.

one eyedtiger

Club Legend
Jan 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, PAOK
Can't believe I've missed this thread all this time, given losing money on football is one of my favourite pass times :D

Inter ruined my multi this morning, thought they were locks to beat an already qualified Barca at $1.60.
Liverpool @$1.70 and Benfica at $2 came through for me

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Get on Sassuolo to beat Naples. they're ignoring the fact those corrupt f***ers have sacked one of the best managers in the world for a bloke who barely inspired a better side in AC Milan

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Unlikely but QPR at 5.50 to beat Brentford. Brentford feel overdue for a shock loss and it is a derby match too.

Bristol City aren't listed as favourites and they're away to Wigan Athletic are in a relegation spot and have been in pretty drab form.

Biggest one for me is Derby County at 3.50 to beat Boro. Rooney effect and all that. one's 11th, one's 12th. not an especially big trip and they're both in similar form.

The 7th placed Millwall are at 3.75 to beat Stoke who are 21st and have looked like a relegation side all season. honestly even 3.20 for a draw is valuable.

Otherwise I don't mind West Ham at 4.20/draw at 3.50 v Sheffield United who have probably dropped to a more accurate spot on the table.

Top Bottom