Association Football Betting Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies shortened yet again into $11.50 after starting at 16-1 and were that price less than a week ago.

I like these I think they will shorten very soon.

Germany vs Mexico over 2.5 at $1.89 and over 1.5 at $1.27

Be sure to stay tuned for some more hot tips from yours truly.
It doesn't matter mate. You thought it was a good bet and over the odds, so you got on. No harm done at all, everyone has lost a bet. At least you have the balls to post it beforehand.

Get em next time;)

should be a high scoring world cup. Saudi's will get mauled, Panama will cop floggings and with Germany and France's arsenal they'll be sure to knock a few in. Brazil will romp it vs Costa Rica and Spain and Portugal could give Iran a nightmare or two. Iran is supposed to have good D, good luck vs Spain or a desperate Portugal.

Lots of goals to flow whatever happens.

Have any of you guys ever placed a Sportsbet “Most Disposals/Most Goals” bet?

I thought I lost the one I did in the Melbourne/Collingwood game but I actually won. I did Adam Treloar/Tom McDonald. McDonald finished with the most goals in the match with 6 goals and Treloar finished with 32 disposals but Jordan Lewis finished with 33.

So I am guessing the bet was for Treloar to have the most Collingwood team disposals and McDonald to have the most Melbourne team goals? Literally the first time I have even done that bet type and I won it when I thought I didn’t.

Of course I have the bet combined with over 2.5 goals in the Belgium/Costa Rica friendly and Spain/Portugal, France/Australia World Cup matches so I am bound to lose somewhere.

Just to revisit this bet. So I ended up winning the bet but Sportsbet paid for $236 for the bet when the returns showed $476. I will end up querying that but I am sure there is some weird rule with the bet type.

Edit: Just did a live chat and the AFL’a disposals/goals bet type ended in a dead heat, so they divide the max winnings. Tom McDonald and Mason Wood both finished on 5 goals, so that explains it. Oh well, I won’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

Last edited:
Muller should pick up where he left off in 2014, and in 2010, by dominating the world cup. Have a look at the odds for him to score tonight because he's a seasoned pro when it comes to this tournament.

Draxler could get on too if he starts or comes off the bench. But Muller looks a good pick.

Anytime goal scorer that is.

edited - just had a look and he's $2.40. Seems reasonable.

I know I’ve suggested it on here before but is anyone interested in a Bigfooty punting club? Thinking to do it on Sportsbet, where they have the setup to do it. Could be just $10 a week and we bet on football each week? Or anything you want I guess.

Was having a look before on Sportsbet - I’ve obviously had the idea before as I have a club set up as ‘Bigfooty’ but it was never activated haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SM

I don’t know if you’re into racing much but SB have a megabet today for Hugh Bowman to win 2 or more races, paying $4. He’s on a $1.95 and a $2.10 favourite horse throughout the day, as well as some other chances.

I’ve loaded up. Not a sure thing by any stretch but $4 is overs.

Can't use Sportsbet haha I self-excluded back in March because I was being dumb, and they won't let me out of it.

SM

I don’t know if you’re into racing much but SB have a megabet today for Hugh Bowman to win 2 or more races, paying $4. He’s on a $1.95 and a $2.10 favourite horse throughout the day, as well as some other chances.

I’ve loaded up. Not a sure thing by any stretch but $4 is overs.
Got up in the end. Very, very happy days!

SM any futures markets you like in the Championship this season?

I've gone:

Brighton to be relegated
WBA to get promoted
Sunderland to win the league
Lincoln City to be promoted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back