Association Football Betting Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Tomorrow morning is the second leg of the Spanish cup. Suarez and Messi are both paying a very juicy $1.95 anytime goal scorer. You could multi them in with Ballotelli anytime @$3.50.

Bloody Sunderland. Were 1-0 up at HT.

Don't mind losing those bets so much though. Think over the course of the season I'd come out on top more often than not.

I was on Celtic to win & over 2.5 and Napoli to win and Both to Score. Sad. :(

Even with your record, wouldn't be touching that.
Even given we've won 3 of last 5 40+ against them? The fourth was a 36 point win and they got us once.

They're good for a s**t performance every now and then and our style stacks up well. $12 is huge overs.

Plus got a $20 bonus bet so giving it a go.

Even given we've won 3 of last 5 40+ against them? The fourth was a 36 point win and they got us once.

They're good for a s**t performance every now and then and our style stacks up well. $12 is huge overs.

Plus got a $20 bonus bet so giving it a go.
When was the last time you played them when they were 1.5 games clear on the top of the ladder?

I'm not saying you can't beat them but I just don't see there being a blow out.

I can't agree that $12 is huge overs either. If anything, it's about spot on.

When was the last time you played them when they were 1.5 games clear on the top of the ladder?

I'm not saying you can't beat them but I just don't see there being a blow out.

I can't agree that $12 is huge overs either. If anything, it's about spot on.
Hasn't this season already proven ladder position means absolutely nothing?

Surely these results would suggest otherwise.

53fb4da2fe30e35bc4dfa9c6b7883099.jpg

Why would a result from 4 years ago have any bearing on tonight's game?

You lost your most recent game in Adelaide - surely that would suggest $12 is an accurate representation?
Because it suggests we have a good recent history and match up well against them..

It's like people who rattled off stats about the Cats at home as why we had no chance despite us regularly winning down there lately. $12 is huge odds. That's in the realm of Brisbane beating us by 40+. Considering in most close games 40+ either way is around the $6 mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because it suggests we have a good recent history and match up well against them..

It's like people who rattled off stats about the Cats at home as why we had no chance despite us regularly winning down there lately. $12 is huge odds. That's in the realm of Brisbane beating us by 40+. Considering in most close games 40+ either way is around the $6 mark.
The game 4 years ago wasn't even at Adelaide Oval though. Why stop at 4 years? I mean, where does one draw the line?

As for the bolded, that's categorically incorrect. Take West Coast against GWS this week. They're $5.15 to win (similar to what the Lions would be against the Swans), $51 to win 40+. Brisbane beating Sydney by 40+ would easily be that high, if not higher.

The game 4 years ago wasn't even at Adelaide Oval though. Why stop at 4 years? I mean, where does one draw the line?

As for the bolded, that's categorically incorrect. Take West Coast against GWS this week. They're $5.15 to win (similar to what the Lions would be against the Swans), $51 to win 40+. Brisbane beating Sydney by 40+ would easily be that high, if not higher.
And I think those odds are silly. If they're attempting to reflect the likelihood of something happening then west coast winning 40+ is not just as likely as a draw which is always priced at $51 I think.

$12 for us to win 40+ is overs, that's all I'm saying. And the reason you stop 5 games ago is because it's the 5 most recent games lol... Why look at any games from previous seasons? Not as if they provide some sort of track record. Roos beat the Dees in Tasmania off the back of a ridiculous record against the Dees. On form and ladder position you'd give the roos no chance, but looking at the way the two teams match up provides insight.

And I think those odds are silly. If they're attempting to reflect the likelihood of something happening then west coast winning 40+ is not just as likely as a draw which is always priced at $51 I think.

$12 for us to win 40+ is overs, that's all I'm saying. And the reason you stop 5 games ago is because it's the 5 most recent games lol... Why look at any games from previous seasons? Not as if they provide some sort of track record. Roos beat the Dees in Tasmania off the back of a ridiculous record against the Dees. On form and ladder position you'd give the roos no chance, but looking at the way the two teams match up provides insight.
You're missing the point RE looking back but that's ok.

I still don't think $12 is overs at all but hope for your sake that you're right and that it gets up :thumbsu:

You're missing the point RE looking back but that's ok.

I still don't think $12 is overs at all but hope for your sake that you're right and that it gets up :thumbsu:
I'm not missing the point at all, you just don't understand why prior meetings of a majority of similar players might mean something. It's not like in soccer where a manager and XI entirely turns over in 3 years.

I'm not missing the point at all, you just don't understand why prior meetings of a majority of similar players might mean something. It's not like in soccer where a manager and XI entirely turns over in 3 years.
We've made over 30 list changes in the past 3 years alone.

Most teams will make over 20 list changes in 3 years. The team 3 years ago, is not the same as the team now.

In 2013, Eddie Betts played for Carlton. Adelaide played at AAMI stadium.

We've made over 30 list changes in the past 3 years alone.

Most teams will make over 20 list changes in 3 years. The team 3 years ago, is not the same as the team now.

In 2013, Eddie Betts played for Carlton. Adelaide played at AAMI stadium.
Thought we were talking our win over them 3 years ago.

Falcao $1.57
Messi $1.40
Neymar $1.57
Lacazette $1.95
And because CR7 is banned I threw in Benzema @$1.73 and cause I'm greedy I threw in Lukaku @1.95

Remove this Banner Ad

Back