Sport Association Football Thread...Who are Ya?! Who are Ya?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Holy s**t. You're back. Metal thread awaits...

I'm somewhat back dude... Read your post about your grandfather? Sorry to hear that mate. I've had a death in my family too, been up and down recently and Soccer believe it or not as helped as well as heavy metal as well. PM me said link dude, I'll have a read through. :)

I'm somewhat back dude... Read your post about your grandfather? Sorry to hear that mate. I've had a death in my family too, been up and down recently and Soccer believe it or not as helped as well as heavy metal as well. PM me said link dude, I'll have a read through. :)

Heavy Metal always helps out in times of need. :p For me video games are taking my mind off it for now.

For some reason I chose Chelsea in the EPL as my team because they were the first team I ever played with on Pro Evo (the football video game). Now when the A-league came around being a Sydney Sider I will admit to being a follower of Sydney FC until the Wanderers boys came along was never really a strong supporter of Sydney FC by the way but living in Wanderers territory plus also at the time working for one of their sponsors (guess who?) meant that I was swayed to follow the red and black boys. The same cannot be said for GWS because once a swan always a swans eh? Neither Chelsea or Wanderers have had a good enough season in their respective leagues according to what they were capable of but I shall look forward to season 2015-16

For those following FIFA's implosion, I found this rather amusing, from FB:

---------------------

LESSONS TO SEPP BLATTER

When you run a criminal organization:

1) avoid publicity at all costs
2) surround yourself with people who don't talk when caught (omerta)
3) consider that your enemies know more about you than you know about them
4) leave no footprint
5) do not irritate the US prosecutors by insulting them, agents are mortal
6) give Ivan Boesky a call, he can teach you the benefits of singing early
7) Diamonds exist for a purpose

I wonder how long it will take Hull to be relegated this time :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just found this thread.

Did 6 weeks in England/Europe last year. The thing I was looking forward to most was attending an Ashes Test in England. Booked tickets 9 months in advance on the day they went on sale for Day 3 of the 4th test at Trent Bridge, 2 days before we needed to get to Harwich to board a 2 week Baltic Sea cruise.

It was of course a disaster as Australia were bowled out just after lunch on the first day, we turn up for Day 3 at 11am and it was all over by 11:40 and we were back sinking pints in a Nottingham pub by midday.

The 3 wives had headed out for the day to Sherwood Forest, so rather than sink pints all afternoon we decided to find a game of soccer as it was opening day of the season. Because the cricket was on there were no Nottingham teams playing at home, so we drove the hours drive to Leicester. Rocked up to King Power Stadium at 2:30pm to a host of 'Sold Out' signs on the windows. Went around to the office who said our only option was to buy corporate tickets at 65 quid a pop. Given we'd just paid the same to see 40 minutes of cricket, it seemed like a good deal.

In we go, prime seats for Leicester v Sunderland on opening day. Leicester won 4-2 in an attacking goalfest, the atmosphere was comparable to the 5 AFL GF's I'd been to (all involving the Swans) and I instantly became a Leicester fan. Got back home to Australia, never missed a minute of every game from that point on and the rest is history....

Can we all have a nice collective laugh at England's second exit from Europe within a week? Beaten by Iceland too. :D:D:D:D:D

My Favourite statistic for the game

England Manager Salary: 4.6m Pounds

Iceland Manager Salary: Part time dentist.

This is our moment. He's been in the job a few years now, got the squad he likes and we're flying. Dare I say it, no excuses for not winning the Champions League now? Anyone can win on the day, but surely we must be raging favourites against Spurs or Ajax.

I hope your missus is prepared for June 1st if we win! (and on Sunday if we win the league.... ;))

I think she will be fine with both of them :p (They are a tad different to screaming out loud in celebration on a packed train).

Agree with us being favorites in the final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back