Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's crap mate. Hope you're ok.

I couldn't even drown my sorrows either. I'm on the wagon for a bit.
Hahaha thanks mate- I'm fine really. It's all just really funny. And I'm back on the drinks now, so...

Worst thing for me this weekend was the footy results, but I'm super confident of where the club will be this time next year.

Good luck on the wagon! :)

Edit: hold on, how do you go fishing without alcohol?

Hahaha thanks mate- I'm fine really. It's all just really funny. And I'm back on the drinks now, so...

Worst thing for me this weekend was the footy results, but I'm super confident of where the club will be this time next year.

Good luck on the wagon! :)

Edit: hold on, how do you go fishing without alcohol?

Cheers .... well. you know what I mean. Just trying to drop a couple of kg's. WRT the future yeah we'll be right.... watch this. We are in a way better possy than we have in years. Plenty to be enthusiastic about.

Yeah I had a bit of a ****** one as well.

Most expensive ticket I've ever bought to the footy. Didn't even see what my seat looked like- i was in first aid ten minutes into the first quarter, and the emergency ward @ Box Hill Hospital three quarter time.

Leaving the hospital in a brand-new Toyota-something owned by a mate: reversed into a wall.

Turned out to be a pretty expensive day at the footy and I didn't even get pissed.
Sorry to hear that

Advice time:

Got a lecturer at uni who is entirely incompetent. Not only do I disagree with her politically, she cannot effectively run the subject or any individual lecture or seminar.

Do I just sit there, put up with it for six weeks and move on, or do I actively try and change it? She's the one assessing me, but it's not even that I'm not learning anything, it's that I know from prior knowledge that the information she is teaching is at best controversial and at worst dangerous. I can submit three pieces of assessment and just move on with my life, but I have genuine concerns about the education that people are receiving.

Advice time:

Got a lecturer at uni who is entirely incompetent. Not only do I disagree with her politically, she cannot effectively run the subject or any individual lecture or seminar.

Do I just sit there, put up with it for six weeks and move on, or do I actively try and change it? She's the one assessing me, but it's not even that I'm not learning anything, it's that I know from prior knowledge that the information she is teaching is at best controversial and at worst dangerous. I can submit three pieces of assessment and just move on with my life, but I have genuine concerns about the education that people are receiving.

Ahhhhh uni, the time of life when we all think we can make a difference and change the world. My advice, do the assessment and move on.

Advice time:

You go to the course coordinator and lay out evidence. Only way you get out with your average intact.

What subject is this? Plenty of lecturers are entirely incompetent - it's why they're lecturers and not working in industry. Reminds me of when I was going through university - had a lecturer who was championing carbon sequestration as the best thing since sliced bread; talked about having pipelines and trucks etc delivering carbon to various locations to have it stuffed into the ground. If you're a student, you don't know any better and assume it must be some fandabbydozy solution to all the world's problems. Turns out its a bit crackpot and impractical - who knew?

Plenty of what you'll cop in university is opinion and not fact, but you'll only figure that out later.

My two cents is that you're better off not poking the bear here. She's got more to lose, but you'll be the one on the receiving end. Head down, finish up, move on.

What subject is this? Plenty of lecturers are entirely incompetent - it's why they're lecturers and not working in industry. Reminds me of when I was going through university - had a lecturer who was championing carbon sequestration as the best thing since sliced bread; talked about having pipelines and trucks etc delivering carbon to various locations to have it stuffed into the ground. If you're a student, you don't know any better and assume it must be some fandabbydozy solution to all the world's problems. Turns out its a bit crackpot and impractical - who knew?

Plenty of what you'll cop in university is opinion and not fact, but you'll only figure that out later.

My two cents is that you're better off not poking the bear here. She's got more to lose, but you'll be the one on the receiving end. Head down, finish up, move on.
Agree totally. There is literally nothing to be gained by making a statement here.

Agree totally. There is literally nothing to be gained by making a statement here.
Yep. Play the game. To do otherwise is to conflate uni with the outside. The key balance is to know you're saying bullshit (and why - to bolster marks for career advancement) and neither believe it nor give up on your education. Teach yourself, give the muppets what they want.

Also - isn't internet advertising a multibillion dollar industry? Isn't it disrupting traditional industries? I was just redirected 3 times from bf to "Covergirl mascara".
My Facebook ads alternate between Christian matrimonials and Muslim matrimonials.

Advice time:

If your concern is for others others probably have the same concerns. Subject to the personal advice above (don't think it'll change what you need to do to be successful) then raise your concerns with colleagues & faculty. It'd be the ethical thing to do. All work should be moderated so if you're doing okay yourself it shouldn't impact you personally.

It's a political subject at a postgraduate level. There are obviously going to be differences of opinion - it's politics after all - but there's a difference between a political difference and sheer incompetence, which is what this is.

Cheers for the advice all. I must admit, given this is virtually the last subject I'm undertaking I'm astounded I haven't run into this level of incompetence before at this particular uni.

It's a political subject at a postgraduate level. There are obviously going to be differences of opinion - it's politics after all - but there's a difference between a political difference and sheer incompetence, which is what this is.

Cheers for the advice all. I must admit, given this is virtually the last subject I'm undertaking I'm astounded I haven't run into this level of incompetence before at this particular uni.
Make a complaint afterwards when you no longer have to deal with her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bazza97 im calling you out.

Change you avatar, please!!!

Pure, unadulterated floggyness.
FYI I don't know if you've changed over to the new layout, but your gif's background has messed up, might be the end of an era :(

FYI I don't know if you've changed over to the new layout, but your gif's background has messed up, might be the end of an era :(
No I haven't, it still works fine for me.

Where do I do this?

I hope not, 8 years I've had this.

Had a tinder date say I cat fished 2 weeks after she spent 2 nights at my place 2 weeks ago. Said I was a little fat lol. Now I'm not a picture of fitness but I'm around 80-85 kegs so I'm not exactly carrying heaps but I thought it was a funny insult none the less. Safe to say we traded some good old verbal barbs before I got bored but I'll leave those off a public forum ;)

Had a tinder date say I cat fished 2 weeks after she spent 2 nights at my place 2 weeks ago. Said I was a little fat lol. Now I'm not a picture of fitness but I'm around 80-85 kegs so I'm not exactly carrying heaps but I thought it was a funny insult none the less. Safe to say we traded some good old verbal barbs before I got bored but I'll leave those off a public forum ;)
Sooooo, four weeks ago? Or just two? :p

Had to google catfished. You kids these days and your new fangled language. In my day, we just pretended to be someone else.

How do these conversations even happen? I'm trying to even picture it.

Topkent: morning - coffee?

Tinderdate: you're fat

Topkent: okay. No coffee then

Tinderdate: I suspect I may have been catfished

Topkent: go away or I will verbally barb you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back