Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to chuckle because there's the potential that I'm one of the only people on this board who knows what the heck Goorambat is, let alone been there. My nan lived there for years and years until recently moved back to Melbourne. Spent many childhood days in old Goorambat, back when they still had a primary school and a post office. Went to the pub there last year for lunch, and it was surprisingly decent.

Back on your topic, if it's the culture you don't like, sounds like you'd rather try somewhere else? You gotta put yourself first sometimes.
I guess, i don't want the club to be dragged back down into the gutter again but the club is putting premierships first and undermining it's own guidelines they got them to the GF this year.

I'd hate to leave my mate and the blacks, but i suppose it might be wise to seek a transfer with the other two

I guess, i don't want the club to be dragged back down into the gutter again but the club is putting premierships first and undermining it's own guidelines they got them to the GF this year.

I'd hate to leave my mate and the blacks, but i suppose it might be wise to seek a transfer with the other two

Don't martyr yourself, if you don't like it there then explain to your mate why you're leaving.

Darthsidusfan offseason football news, now with conundrum!

So i'm gearing up for preseason training which will slaughter me, i've been training with one of the older blokes who enjoys playing with me. Today i went and saw some other teammates, one who i'm starting to get on with and the other a friend from school, both said they're leaving the club. Their reason is, they thought the club was going up but it's gone the other way. The club is losing money, and some of the players it got rid of in it's culture clean out have come back, two of which where told to leave of having drugs are now back at the club. My mates also has kids and their is a rumour floating around of a player sleeping with underage girls. So i thought the club was trending upwards but now it's flipped on my head.

I'm am uncertain what to do, they both are going to goorumbat to play and would like me to come with as well. Whereas the other guy who i've been training with i know won't leave but i still need to talk to him about it, i'd hate to leave him also so i'm a little torn, and i've been at the club on five seconds so...

I didn't want to get caught up in off field club politics but now i have a decision to make, if the club is indeed heading the way it seems i want to leave, but i also don't want to abandon the other guy, but then again i don't want my other mates to leave, nor me stay put in a culture i don't like. i sort of know which way i'm leaning but not entirely sure, and i don't know how to break it to the guy still at the club
Your call but I would be on my bike yesterday after reading that. Cheers.

I'd be leaving with my mates too and getting away from that sort of culture.

As of this afternoon, I'm on 6 months leave from my regular Govt job (5 months of it paid) to focus on both mine and my wife's businesses ... so to celebrate, I'm drinking beer by myself because the wife (a PT) has back to back bootcamps on tonight.
NEIS or something different?

Generally not done if you're already working, especially supping from the government teat.

I just bought a massive farmed rabbit. Not certain what to do with it but it's frozen so I have time to do some research.

Why can't I stop impulse buying?

Stew it. Get some potatoes beans and some other s**t rocking and stew the * out of it.

I just bought a massive farmed rabbit. Not certain what to do with it but it's frozen so I have time to do some research.

Keep it frozen until they can find a way to revive it in the future

Braised with spring vegetables always sounds nice........ but ends up what Topkent said.

Stew it. Get some potatoes beans and some other s**t rocking and stew the **** out of it.
I’ve just done some research with proper recipe books by Rick Stein, Maggie Beer, Michel Roux Snr, and some dude whose name is unpronounceable. They all pretty much say to get various things and stew the * out of it.

I’ve just done some research with proper recipe books by Rick Stein, Maggie Beer, Michel Roux Snr, and some dude whose name is unpronounceable. They all pretty much say to get various things and stew the **** out of it.

You would be surprised how often you flick onto a random cooking show and see a fat chef wearing a headband throwing various vegetables aggressively into a Rabbit Stew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My late father was a great lover of rabbit stew and inflicted it upon me on a number of occasions. I still feel as if it was child abuse. Bon Appétit

My late father was a great lover of rabbit stew and inflicted it upon me on a number of occasions. I still feel as if it was child abuse. Bon Appétit

But then i tried to make my offspring barrack for us. So i, too, am guilty.

and the cycle of abuse continues :p

As of this afternoon, I'm on 6 months leave from my regular Govt job (5 months of it paid) to focus on both mine and my wife's businesses ... so to celebrate, I'm drinking beer by myself because the wife (a PT) has back to back bootcamps on tonight.
Good luck!

A few years ago I had a government job too. Then I took all my leave to focus on my own business and never went back.

Given it's another Friday I've slept in until midday, I'd say my move has been a success :)

How i wasted my weekend
ross-pivot-friends.gif

We have a week of wet weather here, hopefully it'll fire the fish up
I’m clearly no expert, but why would they care? I mean, they’re already wet right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back