Aston Red Bulls

Remove this Banner Ad

Takeover of Villa was mooted a few months ago, apparently still a possibility.

A club going nowhere at the moment and it must be depressing being a Villa fan right now.

Can't do much with spending with the FFP rules but they could get a manager with ambition and start to move forward again.

Not sure the Villa fans would accept the takeover and likely name change though.

You'd just about give up on football if one of the great sides were renamed from Aston Villa to Aston Red Bulls. It's bad enough to do it to traditionally lower league clubs such as Hull and Cardiff, but Villa?

Completely agree the club is going nowhere at the moment.

Ever since MON we've been struggling massively and Lerner has cut spending in a big way.

I'm a fan of Lambert but there's not much he can do with limited funds.

I would be supportive of a takeover but would never EVER accept the changing of name. Nor would/should any real football fan around the world. We are one of the most historic/successful clubs in the biggest league in the world. Would be a sad state of affairs if it happened...

Hope it never happens to Villa or any team for that matter, wouldn't even wish it on Swansea. It's just a terrible thing to happen and there should be limits on what an owner can do, atleast have a limit on what he/she/they can do without a members vote.

Piss off Red Bull, stick to throwing men from space and F1's! :mad:

Hope it never happens to Villa or any team for that matter, wouldn't even wish it on Swansea. It's just a terrible thing to happen and there should be limits on what an owner can do, atleast have a limit on what he/she/they can do without a members vote.

Piss off Red Bull, stick to throwing men from space and F1's! :mad:
And making delicious drinks for my university studies :p

In all seriousness, Would be a awful. So cringeworthy

And Cardiff, and others.. the list goes on. Just because it's now potentially happening to a high profile club shouldn't make a difference.

Seen the article where your owner said he'll walk away in 24 hours unless it gets approved?

In almost every paper. What will that do for finances/Long/Jelavic?

I am more than well aware of it, believe me. It's headlining SSN over here. :(

Well in the same interview he confirmed we'd signed Jela - to be announced tomorrow, seems we didn't get papers through on time today - and a hope of signing Long, so not too sure what effect it would have this window.

The approval doesn't happen until April, so the only concern would be the Summer Window, has no relevance at the moment.

I am more than well aware of it, believe me. It's headlining SSN over here. :(

Well in the same interview he confirmed we'd signed Jela - to be announced tomorrow, seems we didn't get papers through on time today - and a hope of signing Long, so not too sure what effect it would have this window.

The approval doesn't happen until April, so the only concern would be the Summer Window, has no relevance at the moment.
Lose lose for your supporters. Either lose the money or lose the identity. Which do you prefer?

Could hope someone with similar money comes in? Owners are always better when you don't hear from them. Honestly can't remember the last time ours said anything in the media. Just do everything behind the scenes :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lose lose for your supporters. Either lose the money or lose the identity. Which do you prefer?

Could hope someone with similar money comes in? Owners are always better when you don't hear from them. Honestly can't remember the last time ours said anything in the media. Just do everything behind the scenes :thumbsu:

The thing is though, if he wants to walk, then there's the door. He can wipe our debt and have the club sold within 24 hours. A debt free PL club doesn't come along every day. There's his out. BUT he won't do that because he wants his money back - which is now around 80-90m with these latest signings. If he wants his money back he's welcome to wait for an owner, but I don't see one coming along and taking on that debt in a hurry.

The thing is though, if he wants to walk, then there's the door. He can wipe our debt and have the club sold within 24 hours. A debt free PL club doesn't come along every day. There's his out. BUT he won't do that because he wants his money back - which is now around 80-90m with these latest signings. If he wants his money back he's welcome to wait for an owner, but I don't see one coming along and taking on that debt in a hurry.
Is that actually how it works though? The debt is in the club name and if he is owed that much from the club, don't the club have to pay it back to him? I think he can walk out on the club and still be owed that much from the club.

Is that actually how it works though? The debt is in the club name and if he is owed that much from the club, don't the club have to pay it back to him? I think he can walk out on the club and still be owed that much from the club.

I think that's what I said? He can either sell the club to someone who is willing to pay him the money he is owed - which would mean he would be waiting a long time for someone willing to spend 90m on Hull City - or he can wipe the debt and find a buyer tomorrow.

I think that's what I said? He can either sell the club to someone who is willing to pay him the money he is owed - which would mean he would be waiting a long time for someone willing to spend 90m on Hull City - or he can wipe the debt and find a buyer tomorrow.
Can't he walk out tomorrow without finding someone to run the club? If he can, what's to stop him then demanding is 90mil back?

Can't he walk out tomorrow without finding someone to run the club? If he can, what's to stop him then demanding is 90mil back?

Because we don't have it?

If you threw a million dollars into a company on intangibles that can't be extracted - in this instance paying off previous debts, etc. - and then got up a couple of months later and walked out, there would be no way to get that money back. You could hope that they could pay you back over time, but if the company collapsed, then what?

In this case there'd still be a club, but it would still be his club until it was sold. Also, if he then demanded his money and the club went into liquidation, the players' contracts are the first things that get paid out, so all our players would receive their entire wages, and all clubs would be paid the full transfer fees owing to them. After all that I would be shocked if we had 10m, let alone the 80m he wants.

Because we don't have it?

If you threw a million dollars into a company on intangibles that can't be extracted - in this instance paying off previous debts, etc. - and then got up a couple of months later and walked out, there would be no way to get that money back. You could hope that they could pay you back over time, but if the company collapsed, then what?

In this case there'd still be a club, but it would still be his club until it was sold. Also, if he then demanded his money and the club went into liquidation, the players' contracts are the first things that get paid out, so all our players would receive their entire wages, and all clubs would be paid the full transfer fees owing to them. After all that I would be shocked if we had 10m, let alone the 80m he wants.
That's more what I was referring to. So he does have the capabilities to send the club into liquidation as described above?

You obviously know him better than anyone on here, is he likely to try and get his money back? Guess it all depends on how bitter he is about it all.

That's more what I was referring to. So he does have the capabilities to send the club into liquidation as described above?

You obviously know him better than anyone on here, is he likely to try and get his money back? Guess it all depends on how bitter he is about it all.

Yeah I would assume so, but as I explained it would be in his, and everybody else's worst interests to do so. It's like in action movies when the villain's plot is to blow up the whole world. And it's like... well you die too?

I honestly have no clue, I would say his primary interest is recouping his money - but the fact he keeps spending more of it confuses me - and to do that his interest has to be in keeping us in the PL so he can slowly siphon off our TV revenue. If we get relegated I have no idea what he'll do. Probably sell the squad or something crazy. As I think I mentioned a little while ago when he promised funds to Bruce - which he's carried through on mind you - his mind seems to change day to day, so it's hard to predict him. I suspect a lot of this is bluster though, and if the FA rejects the name change it'll be business as usual. I just can't see him walking away without his money.

But anyway, #NoToAstonRedBulls. :p

owners should be made to outline what their intentions are with the club before they buy it. allowing a club to become you own thing, which you rebrand, change and tear apart, just for your own personal game/enjoyment, should obviously not be allowed. the fa only choose to do something about it after it's happened, when they can easily take steps to ensure it never reaches this far, just like it has with hull.

I think outlining intentions are all well and good but so often we see owners go back on what they say they have planned for a club.

I also think owners have to have some flexibility to manage their business as they see fit. Especially if the business isnt currently self sustaining.

In the end, if name and colour changes werent allowed the league would have a very different look and feel about it today.

I wonder if there were protests when Gorton, Newton Heath, Woolwich, Hotspur FC etc changed name and colours.

I think outlining intentions are all well and good but so often we see owners go back on what they say they have planned for a club.

I also think owners have to have some flexibility to manage their business as they see fit. Especially if the business isnt currently self sustaining.

In the end, if name and colour changes werent allowed the league would have a very different look and feel about it today.

I wonder if there were protests when Gorton, Newton Heath, Woolwich, Hotspur FC etc changed name and colours.

That's been my point to a lot of Hull fans who have thrown bile at me in response. The issue is getting incredibly heated amongst supporters, who think a name change destroys the history of the club. While I think that's a bit of hyperbole due to - as you say - the continued embrace of the history of Arsenal, United, Tottenham etc. before they had their current names, they seem to think that it would be the end of the world. I'm still against the name change, but for different reasons.

The problem with getting owners to outline their plans before taking over a club is in a situation like we're facing, where Allam thinks he's doing something in the club's best interest. So even if you got a guarantee that an owner would not make any changes that weren't in the best interest of the club, you could still possibly get this sort of situation.

Name and kit colour changes, in particular, should be very difficult to execute, regardless of how well-intentioned the owner is or how much money he is prepared to invest into a club.

You simply shouldn't be allowed to dispense with what in many cases is 100+ years of history and tradition without some form of serious club stakeholder (particularly fans) consultation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back