Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2002
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Monopoly position in the Australian equities, deriviatives and bond markets. Trading on around 15 times earnings (above average market multiple), paying out 6% ff and pretty much debt free.

Obviously equity volumes are down but the stock is about 50% of its highs and everyone has forgotten about the bond market side of what was the SFE (they merged). With the govt esitmated to increase the amount of govt debt on issue by between 10 to 20 times, volumes will rise helping to offset the fall in equity volumes.

Always attempts by third parties to set up rival exchanges or poach part of the business so this is a risk but tends to be a lever used by market participants to try and win a better deal. Rebate deal due by May which may contribute to turbulence in the share price.

May also look to have a go at IRESS, (IRE) as they already have around 19% and IRE is also pretty a monopolpy supplier of operating systems for brokers in Oz.

Not necessarily cheap and may be volatile as it has a high beta to the market but monopolies are always pretty good in the long term.

I was watching some trade videos on http://www.thecontrariantrader.com/2012/09/where-to-use-a-stop-loss-order/ and found some great videos. His analysis was really good and be being new I got a lot out of them. I watched his older videos and his calls were accurate as well. I know there are a bunch of guys that pick stocks and send alerts but the contrarian trader puts himself out there to prove himself unlike other so called pros. Does anyone know of his paid services?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back