Society/Culture At Least 42 Dead And Hundreds Injured In Church And Hotel Bombings (Now 259 Dead)

Remove this Banner Ad

FalcoX

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Are you being deliberately obtuse? Do you think that Muslims are likely to take Muhammad's marriage to Aisha as a pattern of conduct to follow or not?

What marriage? I believe we have just established the hadith are not necessarily historically accurate.

What marriage? I believe we have just established the hadith are not necessarily historically accurate.

Let me explain it again: whether it is historically accurate or not is irrelevant. What matters is whether they are believed to be historically accurate by Muslims. They are held to be historically accurate by Muslims, therefore, because Muhammad is the pattern of conduct for Muslims according to Islam, it is reasonable to think that there would be Muslims that take his marriage to Aisha as a pattern of conduct to follow.

Goosecat

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2006
Mandurah
AFL Club
West Coast
Okay, I have been away.

Score update please?
Well in this particular international series "The Anti-Islam Warriors" took the first leg in New Zealand 1-0.
The second leg in Sri Lanka saw a complete turnaround with a massive win to the "Islamic Revolutionary Destroyers" 5-0.
The third leg and its location is still being hotly debated by the globalist elite administrators however it is sure to be a firecracker of an event and an explosive decider of the current series!

Last edited:

FalcoX

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Let me explain it again: whether it is historically accurate or not is irrelevant. What matters is whether they are believed to be historically accurate by Muslims. They are held to be historically accurate by Muslims, therefore, because Muhammad is the pattern of conduct for Muslims according to Islam, it is reasonable to think that there would be Muslims that take his marriage to Aisha as a pattern of conduct to follow.

Of course that matters because in the absence of any hard evidence that the marriage occurred it cannot be said that muslims are following in their prophet's footsteps. That is what you implied in your original post which you have since backpedalled on. You keep saying muslims believe it, but I happen to know lots of muslims who don't believe it. Muslims are not one singular entity where individuals aren't unable to think for themselves.

Of course that matters because in the absence of any hard evidence that the marriage occurred it cannot be said that muslims are following in their prophet's footsteps. That is what you implied in your original post which you have since backpedalled on. You keep saying muslims believe it, but I happen to know lots of muslims who don't believe it. Muslims are not one singular entity where individuals aren't unable to think for themselves.

Ah, now we're getting somewhere. Yes, of course there are going to be Muslims who don't take it as the pattern of conduct, particular in Western countries or from more secularised background, or even those from Sufi backgrounds (like many Sri Lankan Muslims). I would certainly hope that they make up the majority of Muslims worldwide.

But that does not change Islam, and it does not change the reason why there are some followers of Muhammad who believe that this is reasonable conduct. I haven't actually backpedalled at all, I'm simply limiting the discussion to the bits that are relevant to the post I was replying to. The reality is, for as long as Islam can be interpreted by Wahhabis and their ilk in the way that they interpret, you will end up with little girls being married off at 9 years old, and young men and women blowing themselves up in the name of Islam, as is being discussed in this thread.

You again seem to not understand that if the average Muslim believes it's historical fact, then to do likewise would indeed be following in their prophet's footsteps.

FalcoX

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ah, now we're getting somewhere. Yes, of course there are going to be Muslims who don't take it as the pattern of conduct, particular in Western countries or from more secularised background, or even those from Sufi backgrounds (like many Sri Lankan Muslims). I would certainly hope that they make up the majority of Muslims worldwide.

But that does not change Islam, and it does not change the reason why there are some followers of Muhammad who believe that this is reasonable conduct. I haven't actually backpedalled at all, I'm simply limiting the discussion to the bits that are relevant to the post I was replying to. The reality is, for as long as Islam can be interpreted by Wahhabis and their ilk in the way that they interpret, you will end up with little girls being married off at 9 years old, and young men and women blowing themselves up in the name of Islam, as is being discussed in this thread.

You again seem to not understand that if the average Muslim believes it's historical fact, then to do likewise would indeed be following in their prophet's footsteps.

So far we have come to the conclusion that
A) the claim that Mohammad married a 9 year old has no reliable source.
B) the hadith cannot be relied upon to provide an accurate representation of history.

If there are muslims who misattribute things to Islam, then the fault is with them and not the religion itself.

So far we have come to the conclusion that
A) the claim that Mohammad married a 9 year old has no reliable source.
B) the hadith cannot be relied upon to provide an accurate representation of history.

If there are muslims who misattribute things to Islam, then the fault is with them and not the religion itself.

If you're going to argue that the most trusted and historically reliable sources in Islam are unreliable and inaccurate, then Islam has no basis to exist.

FalcoX

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
If you're going to argue that the most trusted and historically reliable sources in Islam are unreliable and inaccurate, then Islam has no basis to exist.
The most trusted and reliable source in Islam is the Quran.

Certainly not a collection of heresay and rumors collected hundreds of years after the prophet's death.

The most trusted and reliable source in Islam is the Quran.

Certainly not a collection of heresay and rumors collected hundreds of years after the prophet's death.

You are arguing for a very, very small minority position within Islam. Sunni and Shia both use hadith, and see Quranists as a heretical sect because certain passages of the Quran need the hadith in order to make sense.

Surah 4:65 says that Muslims should submit to Muhammad's decisions. Surah 4:80 says that whoever obeys Muhammad, obey Allah. Surah 33:21 says that Muhammad is the pattern of conduct for believers. Guess what? None of these is possible without the hadith, which are the record of Muhammad's decisions and conduct.

Even the Five Pillars of Islam fall apart without the hadith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back