Votes: 6 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
so just listening to SEN and in their " professional opinion " dismissed the notion of and sms suggesting that at their best/ peak career form.

Whitfield / Congolio / greene are far better then
Wells / Beams / Dagoey.

EDIT: It's become apparent that my question has perhaps been misinterpreted. so let me make it clear that the question has NOTHING to do with this weekends game and clearly the 3 outs for GWS at this stage have a far greater impact on the result of this weekends game.

The question was thought of because obviously for various reasons all the above mentioned players have been in the news recently and in my OPINION the 3 from each side are similar. are all players at different stages of their career' yes they are. which forms part of the challenge. have fun.

Whitfiled/Wells - Both silkily ball users and both play the wing type role. in my OPINION Whitfield has shown the better form even in this early stage

Congilio/ Beams - Both accumulators of the footy and midfield goalkickers. in my OPINION Beams thus far has overall the runs on the board, for mine as good as Cogs is i PERSONALLY don't see much more upside. so therefore Beams best has been better.

De Goey/Greene - F50 players and impact players when thrown in the middle. probably the toughest to judge. Greene has probably been the more consistent of the two, but De Goey has stood up in bigger moments. i personally can't split them .

Last edited:

so just listening to SEN and in their " professional opinion " dismissed the notion of and sms suggesting that at their best/ peak career form.

Wells / Beams / Dagoey.

for mine id take the proven in Wells / Beams / Dagoey. club captains, multiple AA, leading Goal kickers, premiership players.
Embarassing reading, even as a Collingwood supporter.

Wells just retired ... Beams we aren’t even sure we’ll see the best of again ... only one better is De Goey

Add in Callan Ward to the GWS mix too. Even Deledio.

Not sure why you care anyways mate.

Embarassing reading, even as a Collingwood supporter.

Wells just retired ... Beams we aren’t even sure we’ll see the best of again ... only one better is De Goey

Add in Callan Ward to the GWS mix too. Even Deledio.

Not sure why you care anyways mate.
again AT THEIR BEST FORM EG) Beams 2012. club B&F , AA etc. Congilio hasn't even won a club B&F. . so how is my question embarrassing ?

so as a North supporter you didn't rate Wells as a player at his best in 2011-2013 winning multiple B&F's and AA squad selections.
Not sure how you get that out of what I said.

Not sure how you get that out of what I said.
"Fan of team thinks their teams players are better than another teams " Well because my comparison of Wells at his best is as a north Player so how could this be " fan of the team " ? the question poised has nothing to do with the upcoming game on current form etc. becuase obviously Wells is miles past his best, Beams is a cripple with a bad hip. the question posd was AT Their BEST which would be wells 2011 vs Whitfield 2019.

No need for plural on the captain, leading goalkicker, premiership player parts.

But yeah I guess at their peak I'd take Wells 2013 Beams 2012 De Goey 2018 over Coniglio 2018/Whitfield 2018/Greene 2016 best years, namely because of Beams who was super in 2012. Not relevant for this weekend though where the GWS trio are way ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No need for plural on the captain, leading goalkicker, premiership player parts.

But yeah I guess at their peak I'd take Wells 2013 Beams 2012 De Goey 2018 over Coniglio 2018/Whitfield 2018/Greene 2016 best years, namely because of Beams who was super in 2012. Not relevant for this weekend though where the GWS trio are way ahead.
Ty for actually genuinely looking at the posed question. rather then trolling.
:thumbsu:

Such a weird question. The Collingwood trio were never at their best at the same club or at the same time.

You've basically just picked three random players that currently play for Collingwood and matching them up against 3 Giants players in the middle of their career.
not really. it's no different to comparing players from different era's Ablett vs Carey for example. or Franklin vs Brown. it was just a question to have a friendly debate. nothing to do with the upcoming game because clearly the 2019 version of Whitfield / Cogs and Greene are better then 2019 Wells / Beams and Da Goey.

Depends on how you interpret 'at their best'.

If it means - take their best 5 minutes of their career and extrapolate it out to a full game then the Collingwood trio win. De Goey clearly has some extraordinary bursts of dominance, so has Wells at times. Although so has Sam Kerridge if you're using this method.

If it means - take a typical game from the year they were at their peak then the GWS trio win.

Depends on how you interpret 'at their best'.

If it means - take their best 5 minutes of their career and extrapolate it out to a full game then the Collingwood trio win. De Goey clearly has some extraordinary bursts of dominance, so has Wells at times. Although so has Sam Kerridge if you're using this method.

If it means - take a typical game from the year they were at their peak then the GWS trio win.
At their best would mean. consistently over the course of a single season.

again AT THEIR BEST FORM EG) Beams 2012. club B&F , AA etc. Congilio hasn't even won a club B&F. . so how is my question embarrassing ?
Because the players you listed are not 2012 Beams, or Wells 2013. RIGHT NOW Greene, Whitfield & Cogs are a better trio.

2012 Beams, and 2013 Wells are not running out for Collingwood on the 21st of September 2019. So your post is laughable.

Edit - just realised you’re not talking about this weekend.

So... Whats the point of this post again? Who is actually ever wondering whether prime Beams Wells and JDG is better then Cogs Whitfield and Greene??

not really. it's no different to comparing players from different era's Ablett vs Carey for example. or Franklin vs Brown. it was just a question to have a friendly debate. nothing to do with the upcoming game because clearly the 2019 version of Whitfield / Cogs and Greene are better then 2019 Wells / Beams and Da Goey.

Wells / Beams / Dagoey.

for mine id take the proven in Wells / Beams / Dagoey. club captains, multiple AA, leading Goal kickers, premiership players.
Surely after 5 years on the list you realise Jordan’s last name is De Goey not Da Goey?

Wells / Beams / Dagoey.

only a collingwood fan. reiwoldt got it spot on, its embarrasing to think those injuries are comparable.

Coniglio has a better career than Beams.
Beams has always been 2nd or 3rd fiddle to Pendlebury and Swan.

You would have to say Greene's career so far has been ahead of DeGoey's. Both have been excellent finals performers but Greene has consistency over the past 4 or so seasons.

I would take Wells over Whitfield quite comfortably. In his prime, Wells was one of the most damaging users of the football.

Back