Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That was just about the most enjoyable thing to come out of the club in yonks. Some of the guys are real characters. Walker Blue looking good.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I loved getting a closer look at their training preparations.

need more of this

Shaw looks like he needs some ******* sleep

wasn’t sure where to put this but was wondering what are people’s thoughts on the condition our guys will come back in? Who’s slipped and let themselves go a bit and who’ll come back in good nick?

wasn’t sure where to put this but was wondering what are people’s thoughts on the condition our guys will come back in? Who’s slipped and let themselves go a bit and who’ll come back in good nick?

There's really no way of knowing this unless we truly know the players. Some will have great self-discipline, some won't. Some will be more mature than others. And some will even have better metabolism than others.

If there's anyone I'd worry about; they'd probably fit into 1 or both of 2 categories:

(1) immature and lack self-discipline (maybe a Taylor Garner type, although I'm only guessing)

and/or

(2) those who easily put on weight (maybe a Cam Zurhaar - or even Jack Ziebell - type).

Re: category 2... I've seen people work hard for 2 years to lose double figures in kilograms, and then put it all back on in 3 months. Obviously, this shouldn't occur here as these guys are professionals and get paid well, but who knows... Especially when category 1 may intersect with category 2.

There's really no way of knowing this unless we truly know the players. Some will have great self-discipline, some won't. Some will be more mature than others. And some will even have better metabolism than others.

If there's anyone I'd worry about; they'd probably fit into 1 or both of 2 categories:

(1) immature and lack self-discipline (maybe a Taylor Garner type, although I'm only guessing)

and/or

(2) those who easily put on weight (maybe a Cam Zurhaar - or even Jack Ziebell - type).

Re: category 2... I've seen people work hard for 2 years to lose double figures in kilograms, and then put it all back on in 3 months. Obviously, this shouldn't occur here as these guys are professionals and get paid well, but who knows... Especially when category 1 may intersect with category 2.

Yeah I was thinking Ziebell and Zurhaar as easy gainers.

Be interesting to see the shape the young fellas come back in. Coming back in good shape is a good sign of professionalism.

It’ll be what makes the difference between the premiers and the teams down the bottom this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brent Harvey has put out several training clips and looks in great nick.

At least we know he'll come back ready to play.

If they have short turn arounds between game - we will have no chance with our physical game style.
it’ll take to much out of us and longer to recover

Would have to increase our rotations (as in through the team over weeks). Honestly a strategy that I thought we should be pursuing anyway given our style last year...

That’s why they’ll have shorter games and an increased bench.

And beat the crap out of everyone. So they’ll be sore and stuffed too.

Big thing that’s in our favour is shorter games - the amount of red time goals we’ve copped over the years would be huge.
As long as Shaw use the list wisely and plays the fittest team

Big thing that’s in our favour is shorter games - the amount of red time goals we’ve copped over the years would be huge.
As long as Shaw use the list wisely and plays the fittest team

I hope you're correct because I see us more as grinders that gather momentum as a games goes on.

We won't get away with spotting 5-6 goal leads with a lot of sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back