Training Training thread - news and live reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon Zuhaar really lifted his intensity after being invisible in the first half and just cruising around. He looks like the sort of bloke that won't do a hell of a lot preseason, but when the whips are cracking, then he'll be on. Was pretty good in the second half I thought.

Anderson, as stated, will probably be up for murder one of these days. I couldn't see who it was, but he obliterated someone in the first few minutes and you could hear the crunch from the other side of the ground (It might have been KT now that I think of it who got straight back up and brushed it off. He's a super tough little bastard is Kayne.)

Jamie copped a bit of a spray from Jasper ten minutes before the final whistle, which gave me a chuckle. Good to see the boys putting it on each other down there.

Also from what I've seen so far, Luke is a lock.

Ducks head.

Black2Blue

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Cunners had a glorious weaving centre clearance in the second. Genuinely the quickest I can remember him moving. Fitness reports seem to be accurate.
Yep, it's almost like he has discovered a bit of toe. Where he will usually make space within a small circle to fire off a handball, he was actually running into space and kicking more than usual.

Any differences in playing style?
Not greatly, but I reckon in these intra clubs it's a little hard to say. You've got 40 blokes running around now all intent on applying maximum pressure, so it can look a little scrappy. I think the marked difference is in our propensity to not go down the line when transitioning from defence and creating a loose option. A little less predictable, a little more measured.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Reckon Zuhaar really lifted his intensity after being invisible in the first half and just cruising around. He looks like the sort of bloke that won't do a hell of a lot preseason, but when the whips are cracking, then he'll be on. Was pretty good in the second half I thought.

Anderson, as stated, will probably be up for murder one of these days. I couldn't see who it was, but he obliterated someone in the first few minutes and you could hear the crunch from the other side of the ground (It might have been KT now that I think of it who got straight back up and brushed it off. He's a super tough little bastard is Kayne.)

Jamie copped a bit of a spray from Jasper ten minutes before the final whistle, which gave me a chuckle. Good to see the boys putting it on each other down there.

Also from what I've seen so far, Luke is a lock.

Ducks head.

The Bull was playing like a millionaire early. He seemed to knuckle down to his work after one horrendous ping at the goals when options were on.

The Bull was playing like a millionaire early. He seemed to knuckle down to his work after one horrendous ping at the goals when options were on.
Yeah the finger definitely came out and he had some influence on the contest coming off the line and upped his pressure.

May 24, 2011
Richmond
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Only saw the first quarter ( then back to work ) as has been already stated
Cunnington, Jed, Maj, and TT killed it.

i did see LDU running in straight lines and talking to Shaw looked to me he had a foot injury.

my question is did anyone notice a big change in the game plan, they look to want to move the ball faster in particular of half back, and as late last year very hard over the ball.

i guess we will learn more next week

Good to know he hasn't been out of touch.
Assuming he stays fit, if our midfield steps up and gives him the chance to use a little space he's going to be the icing on the cake and wreak havoc on opposition teams.

Only saw the first quarter ( then back to work ) as has been already stated
Cunnington, Jed, Maj, and TT killed it.

i did see LDU running in straight lines and talking to Shaw looked to me he had a foot injury.

my question is did anyone notice a big change in the game plan, they look to want to move the ball faster in particular of half back, and as late last year very hard over the ball.

i guess we will learn more next week
Groin for LDU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back