Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched a lot of him at Oakleigh Chargers and I can tell you he was an excellent kick. He would hit up 30-40 meter passes with ease lace out, plus kick deep with a penetrating kick. I likened him at the time to Goddard, it was seriously top notch.

That's what I saw.

I watched a lot of him at Oakleigh Chargers and I can tell you he was an excellent kick. He would hit up 30-40 meter passes with ease lace out, plus kick deep with a penetrating kick. I likened him at the time to Goddard, it was seriously top notch.

The only reasoning that I can think of for him not being able to transition his kicking skills is not being able to adapt to the speed of the game. His kicking is still a long way off the expectations we had hoped, but it has definitely improved from his first few years at the club. I can only guess that adapting more to the speed and intensity of the game has contributed to that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

To me it looks like decision making. His defensive application has been solid. I hope that with the new coaching regime they can get him to be more decisive with ball in hand.
Also - work rate to get to the right places. Too often he gets smothered because he's predictable getting on to his left. When he's fatigued, he gets hemmed in, cutting off angles and inhibiting his ability to get penetration on his kicking.
Basically, work rate and decision making... I reckon in the new regime he can address that and be a really solid defensive half-back and winger, who can hurt on the way out if addressed.

I disagree, Lmac for me is a disappointment. He does show flashes of brilliance (can someone please show footage of him dancing his way around 3 Crows players in Tassie a few years back?). That is what he's capable of and doesn't show it very often. I think his tank is shit, and really needs to improve that to be better overall (kicking, getting to more contests, defending, run off the hbf).

He is one of the fittest blokes at the club mate.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

To me it looks like decision making. His defensive application has been solid. I hope that with the new coaching regime they can get him to be more decisive with ball in hand.
Also - work rate to get to the right places. Too often he gets smothered because he's predictable getting on to his left. When he's fatigued, he gets hemmed in, cutting off angles and inhibiting his ability to get penetration on his kicking.
Basically, work rate and decision making... I reckon in the new regime he can address that and be a really solid defensive half-back and winger, who can hurt on the way out if addressed.

I see the potential in LMac as being a really damaging player when confidence is high. Put him on the 2019 Tiges back line and he would have a ball. Our transition was a basket case in 2019 along with more handballing. Start winning games and the confidence comes back for LMac and presuming we’ve ditched the handball transition then that opens his better asset in kicking back up.

The only reasoning that I can think of for him not being able to transition his kicking skills is not being able to adapt to the speed of the game. His kicking is still a long way off the expectations we had hoped, but it has definitely improved from his first few years at the club. I can only guess that adapting more to the speed and intensity of the game has contributed to that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He was an elite kick as a junior and that was playing as a genuine mid and as a half back. It was especially impressive when he was kicking inside 50 was fantastic.

Now all too often he just bombs the footy long down the line. He too often misses those shorter 30-35m hit up passes. If he hasn’t adapted to speed of the game now, he never will.

He is just way too slow and indecisive between the ears in my opinion.

Any training tomorrow morning?

I'm in Melbourne till tomorrow night so wouldn't mind having a look.

I reckon there will be ferbs, with all players back from the Moonah Links camp and Monday not being a day they usually have off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me, LMac has been underwhelming for a number 8 pick.
Doesn't win many one on one contests.
Doesn't have the pace to be a line breaking half back.
Doesn't have the smarts to be a quarterback in the mould of a Hodge.

Affable bloke who bleeds for the club, but been a fairly meh player till now. I don't think he's automatic best 22.

Affable bloke who bleeds for the club, but been a fairly meh player till now. I don't think he's automatic best 22.

Honestly I’ve felt he needs to be on ball playing him Ona flank is not his go

Actually disagree, wins his share of one on ones. Is a good athlete maybe not line
breaking but chases down Cyril etc

Wing would probably be more effective but don’t mind him hbf also

Can rotate between the 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back