Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

what the hell was that?
I for one welcome the introduction of Brad Scotts's first recommendation to the AFL's rules committee, a hoop at each end with two points for a layup. All games played under a roof too.

I think there's more knees done on a footy field than a court. Bb courts have a good amount of spring on them so easier on the joints. As long as the surface is dust and sweat free, all good to go. Just my opinion though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there's more knees done on a footy field than a court. Bb courts have a good amount of spring on them so easier on the joints. As long as the surface is dust and sweat free, all good to go. Just my opinion though.
Your opinion is backed up by science. Tef just doesn’t have a scientific minded brain and refuses to actually look at the data. He just makes s**t up.

Your opinion is backed up by science. Tef just doesn’t have a scientific minded brain and refuses to actually look at the data. He just makes s**t up.
I'm not sure if the numbers mentioned in the below link are accurate but it appears you have a greater chance of doing your knee on a Football Field as opposed to a Basketball Court. (This appears to be a U.S. Link so no AFL Mentioned)

This other link gives numbers as to which sports cause the most injuries. (This has AFL Football Included)

So yeah it appears that Tef has made a statement without conducting any "Scientific Research" and I don't think that is very fair. :stern look

I’m guessing if the players tried to do the same things on a basketball court as they do on a footy pitch, they’d likely do serious damage to themselves. I’d expect/hope that the drills would be altered to mitigate any such risks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back