Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s just a way to have a crack at Brad Scott.

For some strange reason giving a fu** about your player’s welfare after their career is over is a bad thing

"your player's welfare".

You might be, but are footballers *ed? Is there no other options concerning financial advice?

Scott was hired to coach the North Melbourne Football Club to win games of football.

He failed.

The end.

Gee wiz, I was all for seeing the back of Brad, but hating on him for helping his charges get their off-field lives in order seems a bit harsh.
I'm sure our lack of success wasn't because he told the players about domain.com!

Since your avatar changed to Andy all of your posts are in his voice.

Now I’m off to the bodega before the IAB come down to the 15th or something something.

Hopefully there are no 'locks' next year. Picked on form,and form alone.

Will be mighty pissed if we see players picked who are not deserving. It is going to be a long year if they maintain that physical game plan. So I would expect there to be plenty of opportunity for every player on the list to start, if they deserve it.

No more of 'backing them in' after a s**t performance. If you are s**t, go sort it out in the VFL team.

Exact thing I was coming on to say.

We’ll know soon enough where Shaw stands.
Like the sound of how hard the players are hitting the track

2020 is such a crossroads year for some of Brads old favourites...

Turner, Macmillan, McDonald, Atley. Atley is probably the only of the 3 that I can see improving enough to hold his spot beyond this year.

With the quality of young talent that are pushing to lock down a spot in best 22, how do they survive? It’s fantastic that these 4 and others really need to improve significantly to stay in the side beyond this year.

You’d hope that Ahern, LDU, Scott, Walker, Taylor, Bonar all cement a spot in the 22 in 2020/21.

It’s obvious who they will replace.

Here is a headscratcher
Guess which coach TennisPlayerAndy wrote this about? Laidley or Scott

for bonus points, guess player A, B and C

———————————-

Its quite easy to take pot shots at your own players in the media. But for f*** sake, enough is enough.

Coach seems to have lost the power to inspire the playing group as a whole. He is far too stubborn to make the hard decisions and swallow his own pride and admit he is wrong.

"Player A and Player B … they work their backsides off. Now they have not been our best kicks over the journey but I tell you what you take them every day of the week. I would take them every day of the week on top of people who have talent but don't work hard."

Saying s**t like this in public isnt going to work. Isnt going to motivate them to be better players. Does he even look at the way these guys use the footy? Its deplorable.

Was Player C's game yesterday shithouse? Yeah.

Was he alone? Hell no.

Players should be picked on form, not for being the love child of the coach. If they are playing like crap, send them back to the 2's to find that fire again.

Of course every player can play in a premiership and none have their career cut short because of injuries or just not being up to it.

To say that Brad didn’t prioritise football success over life after footy is complete bullshit.

This board took a small snippet of
Narni’s retirement speech and used it to attack Brad.

And it is possible to love what Shaw is bringing to the club without the need to s**t on Brad or Dean.

Was that the comment about failing them if they don't have a house by the end of their career?

I think it is quite reasonable for the coach to care about the players, I think some players tend to live a lifestyle that isn't going to be sustained after football and the time they are playing is quite short so it is important players listen to their managers and have people around them that look after them.

I loved the way Grima went about it as a player and he was a funny bloke, however, I think we developed a negative mindset around the club around the time of Laidley and Brad, a common theme is the players not feeling they are good enough, it is different from being humble, I think a lot of our players weren't given the toolset at least at a psychological level to feel confident that they belonged at this level and could achieve something far greater. When you do not believe, it generally doesn't happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turner, Macmillan, McDonald, Atley. Atley is probably the only of the 3 that I can see improving enough to hold his spot beyond this year.

With the quality of young talent that are pushing to lock down a spot in best 22, how do they survive? It’s fantastic that these 4 and others really need to improve significantly to stay in the side beyond this year.

You’d hope that Ahern, LDU, Scott, Walker, Taylor, Bonar all cement a spot in the 22 in 2020/21.

I think all are good enough to make it. Not everyone on a list needs to be an All Australian player. I guess a lot depends on what we do with Ziebell, how Higgins holds up, does Jacobs play again. I am a bit worried about the ToG for someone like Anderson and he gets smashed quite often, perhaps some players will find different roles over the next few years which would also create more opportunity for some of our midfield hopefuls to have the opportunity to play if form permits.

Would it be possible to have a separate thread with just training updates... from people who went? It would be great for all those who can't make it. All the other associated conversation could remain here for those who want to go through it.

Confident that LMac will take his game to another level next year. He had a very good run of games whilst Shaw was in charge.

Confident that LMac will take his game to another level next year. He had a very good run of games whilst Shaw was in charge.

I agree that LMAC was playing some of his best footy for a long while in that time period. What is his best role though? Is he a lockdown defender or a possession hunter? I have thought for quite a while he could be very good as a holding midfielder. Great size for the role and he seems to be athletically pretty good.

They are down on a camp at the Peninsula belting crap out of each other til the end of the week.
WTF???

Giving property investors a a poor capital gain of -13.41% for the last year, Sorrento, 3943 is the 3693th highest performer in Australia in this respect.

Taking the average capital gain, or increase in median house value, Sorrento,3943 has racked up an average of -13.41% over the period. This ranks it number 2798th in the whole country for real estate investors looking at median house price increases.

Sellers are offering property buyers an average discount of -12.40% to buyers in Sorrento at the moment, which is less than average for the rest of VIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back