Training Training thread - news and live reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 1 minute video seems a bit light on, hope it is just a taste of some quality coverage of our pre-season to come.

That was live. They only trained for a minute. Players Assoc EBA... An indication of how soft the modern players are these days.

In my day, they’d be running up hills with slabs of VB on their head that they had to skull when they got to the top. No towels allowed either. Snake woulda loved it.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
3 out of the entire list ain’t bad and we already knew about them.

But good to see jack finally training again. And McDonald back. Also Tyson, hall, Polec all out there.

And the knee injuries to atley and ahern just prior to Xmas don’t seem to be of any significance.
Polec didn't appear to be training

Nov 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What's up with Polec?
Has always been rested due to bad feet, would regularly be doing different things in 2019 training's. Hopefully just precautionary but I hope it doesnt affect his tank too much. I know he's been doing a lot of bike work in the gym and otherwise looking fit. He basically left after being on water duty during the YoYo

Nov 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
More placings please

who performed poorly
Most somewhat fit, nice to see majak get into top 10. Was about half the group doing it and the others just running sprints. Top 6 was Jy, Goldy, Cunners, Hall, Atley and Murphy.

Comben looks the goods and took some nice marks while being tagged or 2v1 situations. Could easily play soon and probably already bigger frame than someone like a ben king. Very quick for his size, Can we have 200cm mids? Its a shame we aren't looking for an extra tall fwd for rd1. Have been really impressed by Murphy so far; decent fitness and good ball skills. Not sure where he fits in the scheme of things and seems to just be another depth player.
Good situation for us but not so much for the players waiting. I can imagine our VFL side will be very good this year with 40+ guys available to play.
Mahoney doing well; I think he needs to work on his fitness a little and tank though. Good decision making, cant wait to see him fill the small forward role.

Nov 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Curious to know how McKay and Wood were looking during training today? Can they work in the back line together? Is there even a place for either of them? Reports on them and how they may have come back from the break would be much appreciated.
Truly think fans are thinking too much of Mckay. Don't see him doing much and doubt he'll make the seniors in 2020. Wood looking good, he's got a massive body and can catch. Just have to find a spot for him. Reckon he'll play as a swingman from the bench.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Polec foot issues has been kept under wraps since we got him. I never thought it was a massive issue

Are people just assuming it’s his foot or are they basing it off the salty Port supporters?

With Thommo gone and Taz to follow we really need some defenders to step up like McKay or even Murphy.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Polec foot issues has been kept under wraps since we got him. I never thought it was a massive issue

Are people just assuming it’s his foot or are they basing it off the salty Port supporters?

With Thommo gone and Taz to follow we really need some defenders to step up like McKay or even Murphy.

I’d assume he’s being managed. Not sure how much he trained last season but the training runs before game day that I saw he walked laps only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Did a tiny bit of kicking during a drill, then kicked a few times with Hayden. Pretty sure they disappeared after that.

I take it you get to a few sessions. Looking to head down over the couple of weeks on Wed and/or Friday. What time do they generally kick off?

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
I take it you get to a few sessions. Looking to head down over the couple of weeks on Wed and/or Friday. What time do they generally kick off?

Can anyone confirm if Fridays are an outdoor training day?
I’m usually working, but have this Friday off.
Have they built a bar at the ground yet?

If they did, who would it be named after?
Who’s North’s all time best drinker?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Can anyone confirm if Fridays are an outdoor training day?

Ring the club

Have they built a bar at the ground yet?

Hell no. Alcohol drinking is patriarchal oppression.

If they did, who would it be named after?

Caroline Chisholm

Who’s North’s all time best drinker?

1578951957616.png

Ben Brown is 1cm shorter than Goldy and averaged more distance than anyone else in the AFL last season.

There's no significant correlation between endurance and height with regard to AFL footy.
That is not a great stat, as it's heavily influenced by TOG

3 out of the entire list ain’t bad and we already knew about them.

But good to see jack finally training again. And McDonald back. Also Tyson, hall, Polec all out there.

And the knee injuries to atley and ahern just prior to Xmas don’t seem to be of any significance.
What is wrong with Walker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back