Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume today's Brad's presser at training day. Given the injury list having more players listed as "test" than post a mid 90's players' trip, it'll be interesting to see/hear who's out on the track and moving well.

North Melbourne‏Verified account @NMFCOfficial 2h2 hours ago
Replying to @NMFCOfficial

Scott: Waitey will be fine (to play) pending training. We expect the same for Macmillan #NMFCMedia

Scott: Maj has put some good footy together and he comes right back into the (selection) mix #NMFCMedia

Scott: The focus is to get back to the style of footy we want to play. That involves our ball movement and pressure #NMFCMedia

Scott: We'll plan for the Bulldogs' best and expect them at their best. They're premiers for a reason #NMFCMedia

Scott: Dan (Nielson) has been really good the last two weeks. He won't debut this week but he's pushing his case #NMFCMedia

Scott: We ran a trial of AFLX here in the pre-season and it was an exciting game #NMFCMedia

North Melbourne‏Verified account @NMFCOfficial 2h2 hours ago
Replying to @NMFCOfficial
Stay tuned for the full video of the media conference online this afternoon #NMFCMedia

Daw for Clarke?
a) exciting- I thought Maj was awesome in a short stint on the ball & in centre square setups in the hawks match last year. I honestly thought that would become regular but how many games has he even played since then?

b) WTF? How many are playing worse than RC at the moment? Way to ruin his confidence idiots

c) I can't have it both ways. I want to see flexibility and experimentation and VFL form rewarded.

Yeah I think I'm fine with it. Thanks for the warning though!

Scott: We'll plan for the Bulldogs' best and expect them at their best. They're premiers for a reason #NMFCMedia

I ******* hate this line. Hate it
Just * off
The whole team
Useless campaigners

Just **** off
The whole team
Useless campaigners

Reeks of 'we were preparing for an ambush'.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugh, we were on the right path dropping blokes and playing guys like simpkin, EVW, clarke, mountford but some players continually s**t the bed and still get selected and I don't know why. We dropped favourites and even delisted 4 of them so it's not like that's a valid reason. It's doing my head in.

You spelt Wood wrong.

He's not far behind, but really, it starts in the midfield..

Wood, Garner and Turner all have to pull their finger out this week.

I predict "no change"

Brad and the SC hasnt changed. Dropping swallow and LT earlier in this year was just a desperate ploy to get the fans and media off their backs

Just **** off
The whole team
Useless campaigners

Yeah, I have been over his bullshit for a long time now.

NOW

"We believe firmly that our culture is our differentiating factor in the competition. You look back through history and no doubt fighting to just qualify for the finals or just missing the finals has affected our draft position.

"But we look back to what's the fundamental of our club and it's the Shinboner spirit and it's the culture that separates us from everyone else and we can never do anything to jeopardise that." -
Brad Scott 22 June 2017

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-22/roos-arent-giving-up-on-finals-says-scott

THEN

Scott said he admired his players' gutsy fightback to lead deep in the final quarter. But after the 17-point loss to Hawthorn it was time the team earned a reputation for winning, rather than its "Shinboner spirit".

"We are sick of this 'near enough is good enough' and admirable fighting efforts," Scott said. ....
"But it's getting a little bit tiresome. I'm sure people will say it was another fighting effort and a never-say-die effort. Well, we're sick of that. We want to start grinding sides into the ground ourselves." -
Brad Scott 8 August 2011

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...41f30c17a?sv=e69b0b93e024867e4e7b2decea599c6c

He's basically insulting the intelligence of North supporters.

Did Brad leave his balls in his Brisbane locker
Something like this..

200.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back