Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at that list, Ahern & McDonald would want to establish themselves as genuine mid/defender options.
Ahern will be the class distributor that we have been lacking off hbf

McDonald shuts down the dangerous flanker and rebounds

And can push the above 2 as part of wing rotations also

Them 2,Marley, Atley and Pittard would be the rotations down back there on the medium/smalls

Who knows what Rhyce will do. We probably won't know much for another two months.

I'll be happy if more run and less chip kicks come out of the backline.

Can add further to well worded training notes above...

* Shaw pulled aside one of our recognised guns and told him his efforts aren't good enough. Took it very well and the next session there was a huge improvement.
* The players are going 100 miles an hour, and the club cannot stop them. lol
* the physicality is off any charts that would include the month of December and probably Jan & Feb.
* Walker made a couple of mistakes as he doesn't understand our new set up, which involves not over committing to the ball, ya know how we use to have everyone sucked into the contest, no longer going to happen.
* Wood is trialling as a back man, is doing ok as well. We're really going to try and run the fu** out of our defence and deliver low bullet like passes to those further up the ground. No " hang time" is the call and yes we are practising this regularly.

I saw him playing what looked like defence in that drill, but couldn't tell if it was just something for that.

Jasper also impressed me, he took Maj on for pace over a short distance and beat him in one bit, then delivered a beautiful long pass. Looks to be going to another level.

Horse has already been overtaken and was foreshadowed late in the year when he was stuck in the 2s and only got back in after injuries

Full list and Macmillan starts vfl

:oops: - Not sure how you worked Jamie into this one?

I saw him playing what looked like defence in that drill, but couldn't tell if it was just something for that.

Jasper also impressed me, he took Maj on for pace over a short distance and beat him in one bit, then delivered a beautiful long pass. Looks to be going to another level.

Jaspar has impressed all, you're correct, he apparently was told not to take the game on under BS, and has been told to back himself and run.

Oh also Bonar build like a truck, but has explosive pace, flew out of the blocks at one stage and left all in his wake. Chins hit the ground. They say he's got all the tools but lacks game sense ( rolls eyes) and confidence, is a very bright kid.

This is where coaches earn their cash.

Maj though I believe is looking good , dishes out the don't argues and has clean skills.

Adding Wood to the equation, there's going to be a genuine fight to the death with only really 3 slots available for the following:

Williams
Pittard

McDonald
Macmillan
Ahern
Wood
EVW

Green names are locks imo.

Everyone else can cagefight as prescribed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adding Wood to the equation, there's going to be a genuine fight to the death with only really 3 slots available for the following:

Williams
Pittard
McDonald
Macmillan
Ahern
Wood
EVW

Worry for McDonald, not sure Rhyce will tolerate is poor skills. Can Macmillan get hos intensity to the required level is the question.
Ahern I nee d to enquire about as his fitness base was s**t house, has the skills that Shaw wants in the side though. Anyone seen fat guts Ahern, has he trimmed down a bit?

Williams is a lock, so Pittard & EVW seems always injured. Wood has all the tools to be a decent HBF as you clearly already believe.

Easy strap Cunnington to a treadmill all preseason

How his fitness has not improved after over 10 full preseasons is ridiculous tbf

We're building our fitness base combining running and ball work, at the risk of upsetting fine peeps, he never had to worry about it under Scott. No one it seemed did.

Green names are locks imo.

Everyone else can cagefight as prescribed.

I reckon a fit McDonald is also a "lock".

MacMillan shades Ahern in defensive smarts, and if Rhyce is going to sit off the defensive contest then this may not bode well for Ahern's attacking flair.

I doubt EVW will be fit enough for round 1, and Wood is still a question mark.

Will we go with 3 x talls ot 2 x talls? I dunno. My hunch is that he'll probably go with two of them with this new setup.

The first interclub will probably reveal his intentions.

I reckon a fit McDonald is also a "lock".

MacMillan shades Ahern in defensive smarts, and if Rhyce is going to sit off the defensive contest then this may not bode well for Ahern's attacking flair.

I doubt EVW will be fit enough for round 1, and Wood is still a question mark.

Will we go with 3 x talls ot 2 x talls? I dunno. My hunch is that he'll probably go with two of them with this new setup.

The first interclub will probably reveal his intentions.

You honestly believe that?

He will 100% be going Tarrant + 1 x Key Defender with Daw as the interceptor.

So you think Majak will play VFL if fit?

He was the 3rd best intercept mark in the league behind Rance and McGovern in 2018.

AND he can relief ruck....

McDonald and MacMillan will not be playing in lieu of Majak or Walker/Durdin/McKay if fit, you can bet whatever you like on that.....

Yep. That's how I see it too.

Williams and Pittard.

Wood and EVW duke it out.

Tarrant lock.

Daw lock.

Walker, Durdin, and McKay duke it out.

I agree Maj is a lock if he gets back to where he left off in 2018. However, it’s still a very big question mark. It would be a phenomenal effort on his part if he were to manage it - I think. The odds are still very much against him. We can but hope...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back