Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like paying out on assistants as it's so difficult to judge their ability from the outside, but picking up any assistant who was under Malthouse at Carlton is highly questionable.

Maybe that explains JMac's facepalm - Green started saying "when was at Carlton, Mick..."

He's also had a couple of years of shitty feet and lower leg problems. He still walks like he's 70 years old and just got out of bed, but those foot/leg troubles haven't helped him getting in top nick.

I don't walk like that:)

Hrovat 1, Williams 0.

Q: Who really is last off the track? (Wood? Hrovat?...)
McKay according to an article a month or two ago
Seems like it's a united departure, or the players are enjoying the therapeutic practice of having smoke blown up their rears (at least in public). It is the time to 'train down the hardest preseason house or something' after all.

Who am I kidding I'm lapping up any reports of player development. Hrovat seems to have plenty to offer but I thought his preferred position was midfield at Western though.

Maybe it's the 98.3% idiot in me but I hope he has learned how to teach proper defence by now.

Assuming there is such a thing as Proper Defence
Assuming that our players Can understand Proper Defence
Assuming that our players Can implement Proper Defence

And let's not worry too much about Wright and Jacobs being injured
Scooter getting old Spud gone and Williams new

you nailed it
Asst Coach Green
that's why we lost 10, or did we win 10 it seems a long time ago!

Normal‎: ‎36.5–37.5 °C (97.7–99.5 °F)

Seems like it's a united departure, or the players are enjoying the therapeutic practice of having smoke blown up their rears (at least in public). It is the time to 'train down the hardest preseason house or something' after all.

Who am I kidding I'm lapping up any reports of player development. Hrovat seems to have plenty to offer but I thought his preferred position was midfield at Western though.
I hope he gets plenty of midfield minutes, along with a number of others. If we go round using about 6 blokes in rotation I'll go mental.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After all these preseason reports, its very disappointing that we haven't had a single report of any player flying. I'm sure players are flying at all the other clubs, so we must be falling behind the rest of the competition! LIFT BRAD GREEN!

I don't like paying out on assistants as it's so difficult to judge their ability from the outside, but picking up any assistant who was under Malthouse at Carlton is highly questionable.

Imagine picking up a head coach who was under Malthouse, oh wait.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure why we are ripping on Malthouse, he's a good coach. I think he kinda lost the plot when he went to Carlton but lets not forget what happened to Collingwood once he left.

Dont forget what was happening at the Filth during that last year.

Strikes me as someone who when it's all going well is smiles....but when it's bad there is a stink that lasts for weeks .

Dont forget what was happening at the Filth during that last year.

Strikes me as someone who when it's all going well is smiles....but when it's bad there is a stink that lasts for weeks .

Did you expect anything better at Collingwood with the setup they had (Buckley taking over for Malthouse)?

The succession plan does not work unless the current coach is stepping down on his own. Paul Roos situation.

Also Carlton was a mess and on the way down before Malthouse got there. Media drank Carlton's bathwater in thinking they were 1 good coach away from the flag.

Tudor said Cunners led the way and was fantastic and in the end of that Hrovat clip it shows him side on and he looks nice and fit. Has Cunners become the new whipping boy on here or something because of one below his best year ? Not in the slightest bit overweight or unfit. The way he runs and stands with a straight back might give that impression but its horseshit.

Tudor said Cunners led the way and was fantastic and in the end of that Hrovat clip it shows him side on and he looks nice and fit. Has Cunners become the new whipping boy on here or something because of one below his best year ? Not in the slightest bit overweight or unfit. The way he runs and stands with a straight back might give that impression but its horseshit.

I think it started with a few people laying the boots in and now its all a bit tongue in cheek.

I suspect you're bang on HELLSBELLS! There are plenty here that reckon 2016 was a blip on the radar and expect Cunners to return to his best form.
There are yet others who think he should be traded whilst he still has currency. I personally think he was hindered significantly after the Geelong game and lost some conditioning due to inability to run properly. Once that happens, you're pushing the brown stuff uphill to regain it in-season.

I don't want to hear grandiose statements from the club about how he and others are tearing it up. I just want them to come out Round 1 and smash the campaigner out of the Weagles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back