Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traded from Geelong for peanuts. Delisted from Brisbane.

He's no best 22 lock for a side that is seriously pushing for finals.

He is depth, shouldn't play more then 3-5 games in 2020.

You're in for a shock.

What a stretch. You know what helps a player's career when it's over? Having some actual success in football. Maybe getting a few more years on contracts because the side is winning or going straight into an assistant coaching position because you've got a flag on your resume. Any footballer can buy a house with the salaries they have these days, their finances post footy have nothing to do with the coach. It's up to him to make sure they still have careers by actually focusing on footy and dominating in their current profession.

Of course every player can play in a premiership and none have their career cut short because of injuries or just not being up to it.

To say that Brad didn’t prioritise football success over life after footy is complete bullshit.

This board took a small snippet of
Narni’s retirement speech and used it to attack Brad.

And it is possible to love what Shaw is bringing to the club without the need to s**t on Brad or Dean.

I wanna see Maj in a different role. Let Tarrant, Walker, and Durdin play as key talls, I want to see Maj in space, run and carry, breaking lines (and opponents), bouncing, finding targets and or kicking goals from defence.

With Heath in charge I think I will be defend first, be that structures or man on man; we get that right then we can attack from the turnover. He will simplify the gameplan so players know what they need to do and what the options are. Playing to his strengths if Maj gets into the right defensive position he is almost impossible to outmark. At the very least he can be one of the best spoilers in the game but he was also intercept marking every second ball that came in. You win possession and then you can attack.

It’s just a way to have a crack at Brad Scott.

For some strange reason giving a fu** about your player’s welfare after their career is over is a bad thing
I think for most of us it is/was in jest and should be viewed with a large sprinkling of salt.

There are probably some extremists who feel deeply though

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully there are no 'locks' next year. Picked on form,and form alone.

Will be mighty pissed if we see players picked who are not deserving. It is going to be a long year if they maintain that physical game plan. So I would expect there to be plenty of opportunity for every player on the list to start, if they deserve it.

No more of 'backing them in' after a s**t performance. If you are s**t, go sort it out in the VFL team.

With Heath in charge I think I will be defend first, be that structures or man on man; we get that right then we can attack from the turnover. He will simplify the gameplan so players know what they need to do and what the options are. Playing to his strengths if Maj gets into the right defensive position he is almost impossible to outmark. At the very least he can be one of the best spoilers in the game but he was also intercept marking every second ball that came in. You win possession and then you can attack.
So, take a grab quick one two to the running briga
Disappointed they didn't cover wine as an investment!

Yeah can always drink it to SL

Hopefully there are no 'locks' next year. Picked on form,and form alone.

Will be mighty pissed if we see players picked who are not deserving. It is going to be a long year if they maintain that physical game plan. So I would expect there to be plenty of opportunity for every player on the list to start, if they deserve it.

No more of 'backing them in' after a s**t performance. If you are s**t, go sort it out in the VFL team.

Agreed, but with the caveat that I would hope we 'lock' having at least a few of the elite potential youngsters in the team. I'm not saying X, Y, Z guaranteed a game each week, just that part of the selection computations include an eye to giving seniors games to the kids. IE if Mckay is just a bees dick behind walker in terms of performance we would VERY seriously consider playing McKay over Walker. I definitely think players can develop in the VFL, but AFL is a completely different level and potentially a much better development and learning tool.

Agreed, but with the caveat that I would hope we 'lock' having at least a few of the elite potential youngsters in the team. I'm not saying X, Y, Z guaranteed a game each week, just that part of the selection computations include an eye to giving seniors games to the kids. IE if Mckay is just a bees dick behind walker in terms of performance we would VERY seriously consider playing McKay over Walker. I definitely think players can develop in the VFL, but AFL is a completely different level and potentially a much better development and learning tool.
What if this Bee is the Ron Jeremy of Bees?..

McDonald and MacMillan will not be playing in lieu of Majak or Walker/Durdin/McKay if fit, you can bet whatever you like on that.....
[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree. I think McDonald, McMillan, Atley to a lesser extent (and other fringe players) need to work on being more versatile, perhaps looking to be coming off the bench and able to cover small/medium defender, wing and small/medium or defensive forward. If you aren't the a lock for the starting 18 you will need to be able to cover a few positi0ns given our improving depth and improving injury list.

McDonald and MacMillan will not be playing in lieu of Majak or Walker/Durdin/McKay if fit, you can bet whatever you like on that.....

I tend to agree. I think McDonald, McMillan, Atley to a lesser extent (and other fringe players) need to work on being more versatile, perhaps looking to be coming off the bench and able to cover small/medium defender, wing and small/medium or defensive forward. If you aren't the a lock for the starting 18 you will need to be able to cover a few positi0ns given our improving depth and improving injury list.
[/QUOTE]

Shaw has voiced his desire to have a versatile team so I think you are right.

The three you call out are all very versatile - capable of playing forward, wing or back so no issue there.

I have a feeling Shaw’s game plan will lean on being responsive in game and utilising players in a flexible way.

We have plenty of players capable of multiple positions - heaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back