At what age did you/friends/family seem to 'give up'?

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m 38 and guess I’m somewhat there now. Probably going to take a pay cut for a job that gives me more what I want.

I’m mostly happy with my relationships (wife, kids, family, friends) and happy to settle. Settle is the wrong word I guess. I’m content.

If I won a bunch of money or something I can’t imagine buying some fancy house or anything. I’d just make what I have better and have a few more luxuries.

I’m 38 and guess I’m somewhat there now. Probably going to take a pay cut for a job that gives me more what I want.

I’m mostly happy with my relationships (wife, kids, family, friends) and happy to settle. Settle is the wrong word I guess. I’m content.

If I won a bunch of money or something I can’t imagine buying some fancy house or anything. I’d just make what I have better and have a few more luxuries.
See I don't think that is giving up, I think that is more realising what you want out of the life you have.

Some would say it's giving up dreams, but if it isn't what you want maybe it's letting go of dreams that are no longer yours

Considering what you've been thru lately, that all sounds pretty good. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Hang on:

Living at home? Giving up
Leaving home and making 110K? Giving up
Marrying at 25? Giving Up
Accepting life is dull and misleading but making the best? Giving Up

You seem to have exhausted all options here. Or are you saying there is an inevitability and you pretty much have to give up?

It's easier to destroy than create, hence the internet is filled with small part interesting content, large part s**t content and larger part people criticising interesting and s**t content.

I reckon this scene is appropriate for this thread:

My dad was an old man at 30.
My mum is still young and has hobbies, is very social, works and is active. No wonder they didn't last long together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bus driver listening to 3AW talkback on full volume at 7.30am has probably given up.
The driver used to listen to smooth fm at a reasonable volume. Until a passenger complained and management advised the driver to change station

What advice do you people have for a kid finishing high school in the next year or two?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back