At what point is Pyke responsible for his coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

and in 1 to 3 years you will be calling for the new assistant coaches to be sacked for the same reasons you want campo,Clarke and Hart out.

FYI Sumich decided to stay in Perth and coach juniors.

And maybe much the same as every 1 to 3 years shrugging off failure and unchangingly calling to look ahead to the next year.

That’s the sort of post I have an issue with.

Pyke already has a better record than Brad Scott.

I think the post is more about man conversations. A pillar of strength somewhere in the organisation.........hmmmm sounds very unlike AFC

Next year will be the year to judge not now. Its been a shitshow from the start. If they get this upcoming draft right, injuries to key players sorted and trade out some of the deadwood, thats staff included it will turn around very quickly. If none of this happens and we are putrid next year then it will be time for pitchforks.

Next year will be the year to judge not now. Its been a shitshow from the start. If they get this upcoming draft right, injuries to key players sorted and trade out some of the deadwood, thats staff included it will turn around very quickly. If none of this happens and we are putrid next year then it will be time for pitchforks.

Deadwood like Sloane? Because we won't be trading anyone who doesn't want out.

Yes. But none of this is Pykes responsibility. He can only coach what’s put in front of him. Reid, Burton etc are sabotaging this club.

Yes. But none of this is Pykes responsibility. He can only coach what’s put in front of him. Reid, Burton etc are sabotaging this club.
Reid ?? Not sure thats quite correct

Stuffed up Gibbs trade two years in a row
Should’ve let Jenkins go for his contract demands.
Should’ve let Lynch go for a first rounder.
Royally overpayed for Hampton.

He’s no good.

we have trouble keeping players so your solution would of been to let a key component of forward line to walk.
how would you have approached the Gibbs deal because offering just one 1st rd pick was never going to get it done.

Got smashed in the Lyons trade.

He’s no good.
We didnt stuff the Gibbs trade up, whats made it worse is our performance this year,
JJ is NOT on a big contract, this is ridiculous
Lyons..... the guy dropped from the Suns team ??
Lynch...... hes of more value to us than anyone else, hence his minuscule contract.

We didnt stuff the Gibbs trade up, whats made it worse is our performance this year,
JJ is NOT on a big contract, this is ridiculous
Lyons..... the guy dropped from the Suns team ??
Lynch...... hes of more value to us than anyone else, hence his minuscule contract.
Gibbs - yes shouldve been able to do a trade in 2016 as 2017 was our shot.
2017 we still got screwed when we had to give a 2018 Pick back at the last minute. Shouldn’t have agreed, was weak.
JJ is on 550k - too much.
Lyons at the time was worth more than what we got, and was universally agreed on here.
Lynch - not true. 4 clubs wanted him and given our current position with gun SA kids in the draft I would’ve let go. Future planning non existent. He will retire and Rozee will be gunning it up at a Vic club.

we have trouble keeping players so your solution would of been to let a key component of forward line to walk.
how would you have approached the Gibbs deal because offering just one 1st rd pick was never going to get it done.
Um.. we offered 2 firsts to get a 2018 second back. Which was the correct deal. In no universe should we have accepted handing back our 2nd this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2017 we still got screwed when we had to give a 2018 Pick back at the last minute. Shouldn’t have agreed, was weak.
Lyons at the time was worth more than what we got, and was universally agreed on here.
Lynch - not true. 4 clubs wanted him and given our current position with gun SA kids in the draft I would’ve let go. Future planning non existent. He will retire and Rozee will be gunning it up at a Vic club.

how do you know Jenkins is on 550k.

JJ is on 525 which is NOT too much for him, despite what a few here think, as of next year hes actually on less. Lyons was potentially worth more than we got, but currently youd say he wasnt. Lynch signed a 3 year deal on reasonable money, it wasnt a waste at all, and we have 3 picks inside 20 already, 4 if Sloane goes...... it we arent able to pick up Conor Rozee with any of those then it wont be through lack of trying.

As for Gibbs..... he would have made sweet FA difference to 2017, so we went again. I wouldnt have done so myself, but the deal itself isnt that bad

He’s no good.

He needs to consult with his old man more. John was good at list management and negotiating player contracts.

Deadwood like Sloane? Because we won't be trading anyone who doesn't want out.
Sloanes not deadwood, but if he goes he goes. Im talking more the ones that want to stay but arent up to it. A lot of people will need to be honest with themselves at the end of the year or else it will be more of the same crap next year. Im still hopefull there will be changes. Especially with the Pear improving.

JJ is on 525 which is NOT too much for him, despite what a few here think, as of next year hes actually on less. Lyons was potentially worth more than we got, but currently youd say he wasnt. Lynch signed a 3 year deal on reasonable money, it wasnt a waste at all, and we have 3 picks inside 20 already, 4 if Sloane goes...... it we arent able to pick up Conor Rozee with any of those then it wont be through lack of trying.

As for Gibbs..... he would have made sweet FA difference to 2017, so we went again. I wouldnt have done so myself, but the deal itself isnt that bad
Gibbs has been very good from the start. I dont have a problem with what they gave up for him. He could still play a big part in a flag tilt if they get it right in the next couple of years.

Gibbs has been very good from the start. I dont have a problem with what they gave up for him. He could still play a big part in a flag tilt if they get it right in the next couple of years.
Correct for the most part.

Dont think hes been that good for 6-7 weeks, but he still has a role to play if we get it right

He’s no good.
Lynch will come good
Hes been crook most of the year.

how do you know Jenkins is on 550k.
It's been reported JJ is on between $525K to $550K. He was never wanting us to match Brisbane's financial terms, rather for him he wanted the extra contract years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back