Autopsy At what point should a club be sanctioned for targetting a contracted player

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't the Footscray's captain contracted when the Giants chased him out of the kennel?

Every club does it, the fact he's contracted means you don't have to trade him if you don't want to, which is exactly what is happening.

Get over it.
He publicly announced he wanted out, as you'd expect a contracted player to do

I agree op.
To answer your question:

The exact point at which clubs should have been santioned for targetting contracted players is 12 September 2011.

260d9f2f1515e3c8ef11ecd24a935625

426080_54005eac36e0302f41cdb41b8741aa10.png

BINGO!
Glass houses and all that ....

Wasn't the Footscray's captain contracted when the Giants chased him out of the kennel?

Every club does it, the fact he's contracted means you don't have to trade him if you don't want to, which is exactly what is happening.

Get over it.

Davis ? ;)

I think it would be reasonable to assume that NOBODY wants to be at GWS, it's a bit like working in Dubai or Saudi... the pay is great, but you're really just holding out for as long as you can to feather your nest > therefor when rival clubs offer GWS players even better money than they are currently on, it's a no brainer... they absolutely want to leave and regret signing any contracts.

I hope the saints aren't charged for bringing the game into disrepute :rainbow: :$

I think it would be reasonable to assume that NOBODY wants to be at GWS, it's a bit like working in Dubai or Saudi... the pay is great, but you're really just holding out for as long as you can to feather your nest > therefor when rival clubs offer GWS players even better money than they are currently on, it's a no brainer... they absolutely want to leave and regret signing any contracts.

I hope the saints aren't charged for bringing the game into disrepute :rainbow: :$
Welcome 2020....will GWS keep anyone above 25....? At the crux of it Great Western Sydney isn’t a great place to make a living....especially in a team that has more supporters at AFL house than at the games.

Not what our list mangement history actually shows, and your fantasies are a matter for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this the worst thread on Bigfooty? Probably.

A supporter of GWS, the club which poached half a dozen up and coming players for nothing with an inflated salary cap because the AFL allowed it, crying because another club dared to chase a contracted player who if actually landed would have rewarded the club who they took him from with an agreed upon and equitable deal.

'Denigrate a competitor' hahaha hows the audacity

More chance the AFL will be for giving Cats pick 19 as Motlop compensation!
Now THAT'S a rort.

I think they have though. Cameron was testy the first time in responding. The second time I only saw text.

That some at GWS get pissed off at losing some small fraction of the multitude of top picks they've been gifted, doesn't mean there is some evil intent behind clubs looking at those players.

That some at GWS get pissed off at losing some small fraction of the multitude of top picks they've been gifted, doesn't mean there is some evil intent behind clubs looking at those players.
We didn't lose Tomlinson and were never going to. We dont usually lose our targeted players. This really is about the process.

We didn't lose Tomlinson and were never going to. We dont usually lose our targeted players. This really is about the process.

One day, when you're a real club and actually have to go out and try and get players to come to you (rather than players who just want in to ride the coattails to get the AFL gifted flags), come back and talk to us then.

One day, when you're a real club and actually have to go out and try and get players to come to you (rather than players who just want in to ride the coattails to get the AFL gifted flags), come back and talk to us then.
We're a real club now though. Do you make the same accusation of the Hawks? It describes them better than us, and I suspect they would say success is self perpetuating to some extent.

We're a real club now though. Do you make the same accusation of the Hawks? It describes them better than us, and I suspect they would say success is self perpetuating to some extent.

were the Hawks gifted a team of first round picks?

and no, you're not a real club. You're a franchise...simple way of telling the difference is who owns you...a club is owned by it's members.
You're an AFL owned and operated body, who still relies on your owner for practically everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back