Teams Atlanta Falcons - The Dirty Birds

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodluck falcon fans! Enjoy the day and heres hoping you can get over the line. Going to be a doozy today. Really interested to see how the pats are going to try defend you guys

Bad luck Falcons fans.

Hard to cop now but if the Falcons can keep this list intact they will be hard to beat next season. It certainly will make them a more hardened, resilient group.

Chins up - had a tremendous season and they were a joy to watch. Apart from that time they destroyed the Rams. ;)

You'd almost think aussiedude is a saints fan with his ridiculous trolling in the main thread.

Everyone else is in shock, disbelief, admiration of the pats. Yet he feels the need to troll like there's no tomorrow, no class that one.

You'd almost think aussiedude is a saints fan with his ridiculous trolling in the main thread.

Everyone else is in shock, disbelief, admiration of the pats. Yet he feels the need to troll like there's no tomorrow, no class that one.

Mate i feel for you im sure its a numbing loss and probably even worse then the 2014 NFC CG for packers fans. i didnt mean to offend anyone.
It always sucks when a season ends in a tough way like that where it looked like you would win most of the game.

i was just posting memes that i felt were funny. I did the same last year with the Panthers, and did the same with a few other games this year like the Giants wild card, Texans divisional. and would of posted stuff if the Patriots lost and they would of been even worse.

Dirty Bird, I feel for you. It was bad enough in my lounge room watching it unravel before my eyes let alone in person all the way over there.

It will be interesting where we go from here... Shanahan will take the 49ers job so we will be on the search for an OC, Chip Kelly has been mentioned which I would not be okay with. I think we should try to keep the same system which worked well for us this year & promote QB/Assitant coach Matt Lafleur, WR coach Raheem Morris or Assistant Mike McDaniel.

It's a long way back to the Superbowl, I'm not too sure of history but I don't think too many losing sides bounce back the following year & win it... Everything went right for us this year, I look back at week 16 where Seattle missed that 30 odd yard FG against Arizona to open the #2 seed for us, I had this feeling from there we were onto something special & we were right up until the final quarter today.

Still bemused why Shanahan didn't just call 3 run plays after the Julio catch & kick the FG to make it 11 point game, we would have won from there. It's a bitter pill to swallow & it'll hurt for a long time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Commiserations DB. Wish you guys pulled through.

You got to experience something that many of us would only dream of, watching your team live in a SB. Live it. Breathe it. Soak it in. Chin up brother.

I would like to express my genuine commiserations to you the Falcons Fans.

For every winner the flip side is that there must be loser.

And I do feel for you big time.
Had it not been against my team today I would have been rooting for you.

Whilst your disappointment will be, both understandable and to be expected, I would like to praise your efforts not only in the game itself but to make the Super Bowl in the first place.

I have always felt that the relative merit garnered and joy that you get from winning any game is measured by the quality of the side that you defeat.
Simply put I have a heap of respect for your team and the way they play the game , its exciting, its explosive and its very entertaining.

Your first half today was simply awesome and had me and many New England faithful scratching our collective heads, wondering just how we could work our way back into the game. In the first half you where killing us in all three phases of the game.
In particular I was very impressed with your young D.
By God you have speed and quickness on every sub team and every play... thats going to be a scary proposition for oppositions going forward.

It was a game of two distinct halves The Falcons dominating the first and The Patriots dominating the second and I don't doubt, for one minute, that the second half momentum that we took into OT helped us win.

You have much to look forward too as I have no doubt that the young and talented roster that you have put together will see this group return to the Super Bowl in the ensuing years.

Disappointing last game of the season ( so acknowledged )....... but it was a hell of a year that you had so well done.

I was also impressed with the graciousness of Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and Dan Quinn in defeat their pressers where very commendable.......all three are Class Acts. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Kudos for a great season :thumbsu::thumbsu: and all the best next season.

Matt Ryan needs to be held accountable for that selfish play getting sacked out of fg range
Sure they can hold him accountable, but what does that even mean in these circumstances? Blame him for the loss? The dude had an MVP season. He's a franchise QB, He is already good, and probably had his career year this season, what more are they going to get out of him?

Matt Ryan needs to be held accountable for that selfish play getting sacked out of fg range

You realise that Freeman missed the block on Hightower?o_O
And in saying that… the unheralded and forever OVERLOOKED real HERO of the Pats stunning victory was #52 Elandon Roberts who was a sixth round ROOKIE !!! He doesn't make that tackle with 5 minutes to go, Freeman is running the additional 60 yards to the HOUSE!!

Commiserations to Falcons fans / DB. Very brutal way to finish runners up. But on the flip side, you can't bail out on the Falcons as I don't expect you to… they'll feel this BURN for 2017 and hopefully use it to RELOAD/ motivate themselves and make a bigger run (#1 seed beckons) back to the Big Dance.

Kinda wish the super bowl thread was still open, when I finally got out of the stadium and was crossing the road the policeman said to one person "the guy with the snake, keep moving so you don't hold things up"
I turn around, he legit had a snake wrapped around his neck haha.
Then as he crossed the road, the policeman was scared of the snake and backed off haha.

Started to watch the game today.
I stopped it after the Blount fumble.
I'm not scared from what happened.
But I'm struggling to watch it because of the microphones.
It was ridiculously loud at the game. I had lost my voice midway through the 3rd.
But on the tv you can barely hear the crowd noise because NFL network isn't using the crowd microphones.

Bloody hell espn. I may hate aikmans bias and bucks dullness, but if foxs coverage can project the atmosphere of the game better, play them. Please!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back