Teams Atlanta Falcons - The Dirty Birds

Jun 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Chargers
McKinley a very good pick for the Falcons, will play well on the opposite side of Beasley, and forming a line with Dontari Poe.

If the Falcons can add Either Guard Forrest Lamp or Dan Feeny to bolster the right side of their O line, then to me they are solid NFC favourites

I like the new artwork outside the Mercedes-Benz Stadium, a 40+ foot high Stainless Steel Falcon weighing in at around 73,000 pounds.
170512145353-falcons-bird-statue-exlarge-169.jpg

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Vick says Falcons have not yet expressed interest in one-day deal

Posted by Mike Florio on May 28, 2017, 7:28 PM EDT

78378968-e1496014075648.jpg

Getty Images

Even a one-day contract needs two willing parties.

When former Falcons quarterback Mike Vick, who created one of the biggest messes any player ever has for any team by maintaining over a period of several years a secret (but ultimately not secret enough) dogfighting operation in rural Virginia, expressed interest in signing a one-day contract to retire as a Falcon, he left out one key fact: The Falcons have not yet expressed interest in such a transaction.

“Well, I haven’t talked to anybody about it specifically,” Vick told Vaughn McClure of ESPN on Sunday. “It’s something that I’ve really been thinking about trying to get done. I was asked the question the other day — is that what I want — and I said, ‘Yeah.’

“So, yeah, I think in due time, it’s something that can potentially happen.”

It can potentially happen, but only if the Falcons want it. Frankly, why should they? While the passage of time and Vick’s second act in Philly made many to stop focusing on what he’d done, he still did what he did. And while he was doing what he did, he was an erratic and often-unprepared presence on the field, with wildly inconsistent performances and a failure to ever come close to fulfilling his God-given potential.

Vick’s legal troubles sparked one of the worst seasons any NFL team ever endured, with endless distractions and, ultimately coach Bobby Petrino quitting abruptly during the season. It’s easy to understand why the Falcons may not be rushing to arrange the ceremonial one-day contract signing.

So where does it go from here?

“I don’t know,” Vick said. “It’s just a waiting game now. You know, I’m patient. I’m patient, man. We’ll see what happens.”

While it’s a far cry from retiring his jersey or putting him in a ring of honor or otherwise making an open and permanent display, extending any sort of honor to Vick is something that owner Arthur Blank and the rest of the organization may need more than a decade to get their arms around.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Matt Ryan's 2016 touchdown rate (touchdowns/pass attempts) of 7.1 percent was nearly two full percentage points above his previous career high and 2.6 percent higher than Ryan's previous career average.

Whereas Ryan was a prime progression candidate entering 2016, he is a major regression candidate for 2017. Prior to last season, Ryan had never before finished above the fantasy QB7 in a nearly decade-long career. Ryan has now lost OC Kyle Shanahan, and Julio Jones underwent his third known left-foot surgery in March. You can read more about Ryan's 2017 outlook in Evan Silva's Falcons Fantasy Preview, accessible at the link below.

Source: Falcons Fantasy Preview

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Falcons signed RB Devonta Freeman to a five-year, $41.25 million extension through 2022.

The deal contains $22 million guaranteed, including a $15 million signing bonus. He's now the highest-paid running back on a multi-year deal. (Le'Veon Bell will make over $12 million this year on the franchise tag.) Freeman and the Falcons reportedly hit a bit of a snag in talks recently, but they quickly hashed them out to keep Freeman in Atlanta through his age-30 season. Freeman was fantasy's overall RB6 last season after being RB1 the previous year. He remains the clear-cut lead dog in Atlanta, with Tevin Coleman as an electric No. 2.

Source: Mike Silver on Twitter
Aug 9 - 9:30 AM

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
Was not a convincing win but glad we got the W and the Super Bowl monkey off our back.

Bears run D is underrated and they have a good run game.

Our offensive play calling was straight trash most of the game, we looked the similar to game 1 last year so I will wait and see how Sark adapts.

Thought the D played pretty good and if the O had actually put points on the board early then the Bears wouldn't have been able to spend so much time running the ball. We still can't cover RBs out of the backfield.

Austin Hooper with the 88 yard TD was magnificent.

Was not a convincing win but glad we got the W and the Super Bowl monkey off our back.

Bears run D is underrated and they have a good run game.

Our offensive play calling was straight trash most of the game, we looked the similar to game 1 last year so I will wait and see how Sark adapts.

Thought the D played pretty good and if the O had actually put points on the board early then the Bears wouldn't have been able to spend so much time running the ball. We still can't cover RBs out of the backfield.

Austin Hooper with the 88 yard TD was magnificent.

Sounds like you were lucky in the end there. Bears had 1st and Goal on your 5 in the last minute. Howard dropped a sitter on 2nd down

Demon129

Debutant
Dec 24, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
WTH is going on with our offense ? Serious questions must be asked of Sarkisian and Quinn for hiring him... A bloke who hasn't been in the NFL since 2004 and was Oaklands QB coach, never called plays in the NFL before... He's play calling is college like and doesn't work at NFL level, that Jet sweep on the 4th & goal was disgraceful.. 2 chances to punch it in with Freeman, who by Sarkisians own words during last week is "killing it in the redzone" you go pass on 3rd & goal with no RB in the back field then jet sweep.. FMD. The writing was on the wall on our first drive, 3rd & 2 and the muppet calls a pass play...

I know the offense was always going to regress slightly, how could it not after the numbers of last year but to be basically shut out for 6 straight quarters with the reigning MVP and the weapons at RB & WR, serious questions need to be asked. It shows how much of a mastermind Shannahan was, he's play calling to read defenses & get receivers free is actually amazing... I admit I was calling for his head half way through his 1st year in 2015, but atleast he was proven... Sark doesn't have that luxury. Predicting a bleak 2nd half of the season, we will be lucky to hold off the Bucs for last spot in the divison

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
WTH is going on with our offense ? Serious questions must be asked of Sarkisian and Quinn for hiring him... A bloke who hasn't been in the NFL since 2004 and was Oaklands QB coach, never called plays in the NFL before... He's play calling is college like and doesn't work at NFL level, that Jet sweep on the 4th & goal was disgraceful.. 2 chances to punch it in with Freeman, who by Sarkisians own words during last week is "killing it in the redzone" you go pass on 3rd & goal with no RB in the back field then jet sweep.. FMD. The writing was on the wall on our first drive, 3rd & 2 and the muppet calls a pass play...

I know the offense was always going to regress slightly, how could it not after the numbers of last year but to be basically shut out for 6 straight quarters with the reigning MVP and the weapons at RB & WR, serious questions need to be asked. It shows how much of a mastermind Shannahan was, he's play calling to read defenses & get receivers free is actually amazing... I admit I was calling for his head half way through his 1st year in 2015, but atleast he was proven... Sark doesn't have that luxury. Predicting a bleak 2nd half of the season, we will be lucky to hold off the Bucs for last spot in the divison
I get the feeling Sark has been set-up to fail. Pretty much told to keep using the existing Shanahan offence, which he clearly doesn't have a grasp on yet. ATL would be better off trusting Sark to do his thing.

Feb 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Falcons, Hawks, Braves
Crazy we’re still in the running for the division title. This year has been shithouse. Ryan has thrown zero 3+ TDs this season compared to 9 last season. Don’t see things magically changing anytime soon.

That aside, bring on the ‘Aints!!

Have this feeling NEXT year is going to be our year.

What's been lost this year in the narrative of our offence going backwards is the fact that our defence has improved nearly as much.
This defence could be elite next season and with a better offence, should give it a real shake.

We have the tools to win this year, but it'll be hard. I'm confident vs la and Philly so I feel the NFCcg is well within our grasp
But 3 away wins then a neutral win in Minneapolis? It'll be very very hard. Doable, but unlikely.

Really looking to an assault next year.

The majority of our defence is made up of rookies, second and third year players, it's going to improve in coming seasons.
We are looking very good for the future.

If we won't play in our hometown Superbowl, then these are the teams we must beat. The Falcons Schedule for 2018.
upload_2018-4-20_14-59-21.png

I hope the Giants and Browns are still easybeats because there ain't too many easy games in that draw.

Back