Atlanta Hawks thread - Your Eastern Conference leaders

Remove this Banner Ad

Mike Woodson is the worst coach in the history of coaching. But oh my, that set play on the jump ball is about the first set play i've ever seen other than give it to Joe in the high post.

Marvin has added the 3 ball to his deadly jump shot, and yes Law has said recently last season he was afraid to take the shot or make the play incase he ****ed it up and got subbed out. Because under Woodson young players live in fear of losing the 3 minutes game time they get rather than learning by doing. Pachulia is at a make or break season behind Horford who will keep playing out of position, hopefully they at least try to run some post plays for him.

ESPN writers are making a lot about the lack of depth, beyond losing Childress and his couple of offensive rebounds & put backs its not like they had depth anyway - but they've brought in Evans and Murray who are decent bench players. I think Flip may surprise some people this season.

Edit, prediction 6th-9th. I'll go on record saying 7th with the glut of east teams just above and below .500

Mike Woodson is the worst coach in the history of coaching. But oh my, that set play on the jump ball is about the first set play i've ever seen other than give it to Joe in the high post.

It really is astounding. There are no set plays - the Hawks offense is pretty much the same as that of a random bunch of guys playing pick-up ball.

Bitches!

Very solid win first up on the road for the Hawks (99-85), considering we play away for 7 of the first 10 games it was vital we had an early road win.
I tipped them. Atlanta severely underrated

Joe Johnson just takes over when the Hawks need scores, the guy is a star but as PHX said he won't get the publicity he deserves at the Hawks.

Taking the lead for the first time with 1.53 left shows the team has some good belief this year.

Zaza has been a beast on the offensive boards in the first 2 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately the streak is over ... Toronto scored 92. Good to still win comfortably even though J-smoove sprained his ankle, hope he returns in time to take on the powerhouse Oklahoma!

Gotta love contenders throwing big cash at guys like Posey when we get Flip & Evans for peanuts. They are playing with fire in their bellies right now, I likes it a lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back