Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Slower start to the ATP season than the girls. Only one-top 10 player is playing this week. The schedule for the ATP for the first couple of weeks are below. I will post the teams of the ATP Cup below.

Dates Location Tournament
5-13 Jan.Delray BeachDelray Beach Open
5-13 Jan.AntalyaAntalya Open
10-13 Jan.DohaAustralian Open Qualifying
31 Jan. - 6 FebMelbourneGreat Ocean Road Open
31 Jan - 6 FebMelbourneMurray River Open
1-5 Feb.MelbourneATP Cup
8-21 Feb.MelbourneAustralian Open

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Serbia
Novak Djokovic
Dusan Lajovic
Filip Krajinovic
Nikola Cacic
Argentina
Diego Schwartzman
Guido Pella
Horacio Zeballos
Maximo Gonzalez
Spain
Rafael Nadal
Roberto Bautista Agut
Marcel Granollers
Pablo Carreno Busta
Italy
Matteo Berrettini
Fabio Fognini
Simone Bolelli
Andrea Vavassori
Austria
Dominic Thiem
Dennis Novak
Philipp Oswald
Tristan-Samuel Weissborn
Japan
Kei Nishikori
Yoshihito Nishioka
Ben McLachlan
Toshihide Matsui
Russia
Daniil Medvedev
Andrey Rublev
Aslan Karatsev
Evgeny Donskoy
France
Gael Monfils
Benoit Paire
Nicolas Mahut
Edouard Roger-Vasselin
Greece
Stefanos Tsitsipas
Michail Pervolarakis
Markos Kalovelonis
Petros Tsitsipas
Canada
Denis Shapovalov
Milos Raonic
Peter Polansky
Steven Diez
Germany
Alexander Zverev
Jan-Lennard Struff
Kevin Krawietz
Andreas Mies
Australia
Alex de Minaur
John Millman
John Peers
Luke Saville

Interesting they are letting players not playing the Aus open(thinking of the Greek players here) into the country to play this. Nick the 3rd rated Aussie so missed out on the singles. Good to see Kai Nishikori back. A couple of good teams there. Spain is always strong, as is Russia and Canada. And Serbia, of course, has Novak. (but so does Austria ;)......., totally worth the Edit)

Hard to say who will win as it is so close to the Open and coming off 2 weeks in a hotel room. The form will be impossible to gauge and how seriously will players take it with the open the week after. So my prediction is mayhem and upsets galore.

So, teams are separated into 4 groups of 3 with the top 4 qualifying to the semis. Draw is not out yet but will post once it is.

Last edited:
The pop up tournament in Singapore immediately after the OZ Open will get a better field because France has implemented a seven day quarantine/isolation if you fly in from outside the EU - It's bad news for the Montpellier tournament.

Kyrgios and Barty will have to play overseas this year or they will have no ranking - I am interested in the reception Barty receives from (the limited overseas journalists in OZ ) about her decision to stay in OZ, and not support the tour, especially as number one ranked player in the world - My information is there are few players and officials who are unhappy that she didn't play at one of the US Open or the French Open - At this stage, players will play anywhere to earn cash until there is more clarity about the calendar - Anyway the tournaments pre and post Ozi Open give players the opportunity to financially set up their season for the first half.

Kyrgios and Barty will have to play overseas this year or they will have no ranking - I am interested in the reception Barty receives from (the limited overseas journalists in OZ ) about her decision to stay in OZ, and not support the tour, especially as number one ranked player in the world - My information is there are few players and officials who are unhappy that she didn't play at one of the US Open or the French Open - At this stage, players will play anywhere to earn cash until there is more clarity about the calendar - Anyway the tournaments pre and post Ozi Open give players the opportunity to financially set up their season for the first half.
They will eventually have to travel like the other players.

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Personally I think Barty will travel outside of Oz rather than Nick as he doesn't seem to care. Family and healthy seem more important to him and maybe his new girlfriend. If I was one of their sponsors I wouldn't be happy as I think why should I pay you if you are sitting at home.

Personally I think Barty will travel outside of Oz rather than Nick as he doesn't seem to care. Family and healthy seem more important to him and maybe his new girlfriend. If I was one of their sponsors I wouldn't be happy as I think why should I pay you if you are sitting at home.
Once he starts losing money or sponsors, he will start travelling again to play tennis

Aug 28, 2012
South Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NE Patriots, Manchester United
Russia wins the ATP Cup, after not losing a single match. Very very strong group of players.
Medvedev has a real shot at taking No.3 from Thiem if Domi doesn't make another final run

Only 430 points behind and only has to defend 4th Round points

Back