• Medvedev

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other(Europe)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other(Other)

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Novak fans are welcome to reach for the panic button now.
Hard to say, but yeah concerning signs. His best days are probably behind him, but then again just a few months ago he played lights out in a slam final. He is pretty much slam hunting these days so his concentration and drive for non slam events is probably not going to be there.

Nadal’s form looks average too, but at least he’s winning. I expect Tsitsipas to win the final though, at least he should, clearly the form player.

Couple of big weeks for Tsitsipas but he'll be annoyed he didn't finish the job.

Not sure I'd be that concerned about Djokovic just yet, after he eclipsed Fed for most weeks at no 1 about 2 months ago he clearly stated his only real motivation was the slams now.
yes and no.

I wouldn't normally but him losing in Serbia is massive. it was a small tournament but the guy loves his country so much, it was completely unexpected.

In saying that, Grand slams are different and a huge step up.

Think we need to get Joker's loss to Karatsev in perspective - He had 28 break points and only converted 5 - You have one or two matches like this every year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs things to go right but not impossible. Clay is his preferred surface so lets see if he can bring this form onto hard-courts - I am yet to be convinced there will be an Oz Open in 2022.

Needs things to go right but not impossible. Clay is his preferred surface so lets see if he can bring this form onto hard-courts - I am yet to be convinced there will be an Oz Open in 2022.
yes :(

Alex had his chances against Domi. Domi is still not at his best though and stepped up when needed.

Zverev knocks over Nadal. Interesting.

He is a bit of a BO5 mug but I think he will have a massive chance at Wimbledon this year. I would have him #2 seed behind Djokovic. He has done well at Halle etc in the past, beating Federer when Federer was the man, and there are very few players suited by grass at the top now. The new next gen all look like they struggle on the surface, Thiem struggles, Nadal struggles. Federer, Cilic, Anderson and Isner etc who can play on grass are all a million years old and past their best. If Djokovic wobbles, Zverev should be the man to take advantage. It's a pity Kyrgios is not match fit as it would have been a massive chance for him too :(

Last edited:
Demon has had a poor year all round but it surprises me how ordinary he is on clay given that he has done most of his tennis development in Spain.

Millman has had a dream clay court season really, usually he would struggle to win a game but has picked up a lot of handy points.

Back