ATP ATP 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Alcaraz with the second of what will undoubtedly be many ATP trophies, beat Schwartzman comprehensively in the final of Rio. Very impressive for an 18 year old, especially backing up 3 matches in 4 days due to significant rain delays. He will definitely be a contender in Monte Carlo, Madrid and Rome, although I think the French is a bridge too far at this stage.

On a completely unrelated note, the ATP really goes out of it's way to avoid finding doping violations amongst it's biggest stars.

Edit: Sorry Gigantic didn't see you'd already posted that result

Alcaraz with the second of what will undoubtedly be many ATP trophies, beat Schwartzman comprehensively in the final of Rio. Very impressive for an 18 year old, especially backing up 3 matches in 4 days due to significant rain delays. He will definitely be a contender in Monte Carlo, Madrid and Rome, although I think the French is a bridge too far at this stage.

On a completely unrelated note, the ATP really goes out of it's way to avoid finding doping violations amongst it's biggest stars.

Edit: Sorry Gigantic didn't see you'd already posted that result
Absolute beast. He has also bulked up since 2019 winning against quality players.
Alcaraz already can beat the ‘big 4 new generation’, taking down Tsitipas. Schwarzman isn’t easy either on clay. Incredibly backing up defeating Fognini after playing Berettini not even a day before. Impressive tournament.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Millman has had to retire from his match against Giron in Acapulco after accidentally hitting himself in the eye with a ball :confusedv1:

I watched that gif 10 times and still can't work out the ball hitting him

I watched that gif 10 times and still can't work out the ball hitting him

It basically just bounces up off his racquet and hits him in the eye. It's wasn't that hard I don't think, but as he wasn't expecting it I assume he didn't reflexively close his eye and that's why it caused so much pain and discomfort. The doctor came out and put some drops in it and then he played one more point and lost his serve.Then he played a couple more points of the next game but couldn't go on.

Zverev kicked out of the tournament. It’s more than just this, there has to be something going on behind the scenes. Crazy man.
Whats going on is he has clear issues controlling his anger. His ex girlfriend accused him of domestic violence several times and by the looks of his actions after that match, you would be inclined to believe her. He needs to be taught a lesson, withdrawing him from the tournament is not enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back