ATP ATP 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Should he be suspended from the tour and if so, how long for?
Yes, and I would think for a month. Hard to see the ATP only defaulting him from the tournament for that outburst, and missing Indian Wells and Miami seems like a nice timeframe for them. The abuse after the racquet smashing was pretty bad too, although to be fair it looked like an awful call.

Also I didn't realise the ATP investigation into his ex-gfs domestic violence allegations was still ongoing, but this is going to put a spotlight on that which he and the ATP will both hate.

Yes, and I would think for a month. Hard to see the ATP only defaulting him from the tournament for that outburst, and missing Indian Wells and Miami seems like a nice timeframe for them. The abuse after the racquet smashing was pretty bad too, although to be fair it looked like an awful call.

Actually feel they will come down hard and I can see him being suspended till at least after the French Open if not Wimbledon. They NEED to be doing something.

If I was the ATP, I would "finish" the case on domestic abuse and give him a 2-3 month suspension. that way, you kill 2 birds in one stone and end up trying to finish this whole drama.

This! Just use both instances to say here’s 3 months that’s it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t Kyrgios get 16 weeks? This looks worse. Six months minimum

Nick got a suspended thing from memory. It won’t be 6 months. Might be 3-4 with a portion suspended

Deserved, he is a #1 caliber player. Refreshing to have a #1 too that is shaky on some surfaces. JCF on grass and Roddick on clay was arguably the last time we had a #1 who you felt was very unlikely to contend on a surface (or at least not for some time). JCF had those two Wimbledon QF runs and Roddick had some success on home soil clay 250s early on, but at the time they were #1 they weren't felt to be a big threat. Murray might have been seen similarly if he'd got to #1 a lot earlier, but by the time he did 'Clayray' had lost its pejorative meaning and he was accruing wins over top 10 opponents.

Deserved, he is a #1 caliber player. Refreshing to have a #1 too that is shaky on some surfaces. JCF on grass and Roddick on clay was arguably the last time we had a #1 who you felt was very unlikely to contend on a surface (or at least not for some time). JCF had those two Wimbledon QF runs and Roddick had some success on home soil clay 250s early on, but at the time they were #1 they weren't felt to be a big threat. Murray might have been seen similarly if he'd got to #1 a lot earlier, but by the time he did 'Clayray' had lost its pejorative meaning and he was accruing wins over top 10 opponents.
5th world number 1 since 2008 I think. Obviously the 4- Djokovic, Nadal, Murray, Federer- dominated for close to 15 years. Incredible to think of really. Countless of players have come and pass by.
Medevev being world number 1 whilst Russia engages in war with Ukraine is a bit ironic. Putin will love the propaganda spin

5th world number 1 since 2008 I think. Obviously the 4- Djokovic, Nadal, Murray, Federer- dominated for close to 15 years. Incredible to think of really. Countless of players have come and pass by.
Medevev being world number 1 whilst Russia engages in war with Ukraine is a bit ironic. Putin will love the propaganda spin
Strange times.

Plus very unlikely we will see any tournaments held in Russia for awhile

Strange times.

Plus very unlikely we will see any tournaments held in Russia for awhile
Medevev better write a letter to Putin. That comment after AO final saying he would only play in Russia isn’t going well. Fair credit though. Finally a ‘Next Gen’ takes world number 1.
I’d imagine Alcaraz, all things going well, will be that next young gun

A blast from the past.
Anyone remember Hyeon Chung. Rewatched the replay of his 4th round win vs Djokovic at AO 2018. Some of the shots.. class.
Pity with the injuries. Haven’t been the same since that season.

Also Kyle Edmund making semis that same tournament. Dropped off the map as well

A blast from the past.
Anyone remember Hyeon Chung. Rewatched the replay of his 4th round win vs Djokovic at AO 2018. Some of the shots.. class.
Pity with the injuries. Haven’t been the same since that season.

Also Kyle Edmund making semis that same tournament. Dropped off the map as well
Yes was wondering what happened to Chung

Medevev better write a letter to Putin. That comment after AO final saying he would only play in Russia isn’t going well. Fair credit though. Finally a ‘Next Gen’ takes world number 1.
I’d imagine Alcaraz, all things going well, will be that next young gun
I actually forgot about Med's comments, looks like he won't be playing in Russia for awhile

Even taking into account Joker missing the AO, it's an interesting ranking system when you can lose the number one ranking so soon when you win three Grand Slams and make one final in 2021.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back