ATP ATP 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to be an incredible atmosphere, i will be gunning for Alcaraz, i really have come to love the way he goes about the game. Hes the fairest guy out there, regularly giving points to his opponent when its a close call on the clay and other nice friendly tactics. Hes well liked in the locker room i reckon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alcaraz’s stats vs Djok is insane
He’s only 18! He’s already surpassed the ‘Next Generation’ by being the ‘new next generation’ all by himself. Better game and style then Zverev. Troubles Tsitipas every time they play each other. Has every top 10 player covered

He’s only 18! He’s already surpassed the ‘Next Generation’ by being the ‘new next generation’ all by himself. Better game and style then Zverev. Troubles Tsitipas every time they play each other. Has every top 10 player covered
Only issue may be fatigue for the final. On the other side, I have never seen anyone serve like Zverev before. First serve quite frequently at 80% across a set with great power and going for lines, second serve varies between being incredibly weak for his height and an absolute disaster zone. Seems inevitable he'll double fault any time he misses a first serve at an important moment, and yet most of the time that's no issue because he just bombs down an ace or an unreturnable like it's nothing. Forehand also looks so shaky but I guess he's making it often enough and backhand still one of the best on tour.

The scary thing is he already has the physicality to beat the top guys. Seems like he's got the emotional intelligence and patience too.

He will dominate for the next decade against the other next gen mental short people.

It's nice to have some newer overseas players to barrack for (always barracking for Aussies of course). Will be interesting to see how he copes with five sets in the slams.

Alcaraz & Sinner might be the new Nadal v Federer rivalry.

Insane , Alcaraz turned 19 this week and regardless of winning or losing tonight is #6 in the world. Pretty sure he will surpass hewitt to be the youngest world #1 within a couple of months when he wins both the french and wimbledon. He is on an absolute tear at the moment and hard to see anyone beating him at the moment

Well that was ridiculous. Absolutely toying with Zverev in rallies, broke down his forehand with ease, seemed to be throwing in dropshots whenever he felt like it and winning every time he did. Prior to the match I was sure he'd pull out of Rome to make sure he's healthy for the French but he'll probably just win both.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back